Still waiting

houseofloulee

You have to remember that delivery times are not dynamic. We as sellers have very little time to react. If somebody orders ‘too much’ then we have no choice but to overshoot some deliveries. They should keep you updated though.

Last night I had 120,000 words ordered whilst I slept (120 gigs!). If I knew that many were going to come in then I could have paused. Sadly, some people are now going to have late deliveries at the end because I could not react.

Long story short. If a seller is late there is often a good reason behind it.

As a buyer, I understand needing to sometimes shift deadlines because of work flow, but, waiting until the deadline and then cancelling the order because you’re too busy, as mahy87 just did, is terrible. If you need a deadline extension or need to cancel the order, you should tell your buyer BEFORE the due date. Sellers aren’t the only ones with deadlines to meet. Bad, bad form.

I am also fed up of the lack of professionalism that some sellers display.

if you as a SELLER find yourself with too many orders, SIMPLY NOTIFY YOUR CLIENTS, not wait until the end of the deadline and cancel OR EVEN WORSE, say nothing AND EVEN WORSE THAN THAT, come up with stupid excuses to why you haven’t delivered the work on an Express Gig … Ive heard everything from ‘It’s Fivvers fault (from a magazine designer)’, to ‘I’m a professional and you’ll have to wait’.

If I get much more of that crap I’m off.

DON’T PUT AN EXPRESS GIG ON IF YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE WORKLOAD, THAT’S GREED! and a lack of consideration for your clients.

Archived