Need suggestion for a "trouble" order

hironan

Most time I’m very clear what to do with a trouble order, but, this one is a little bit special and confusing.

So this buyer made a order with me (draw your ideas in a cartoon style), never send any instruction, I asked the buyer twice to send instruction on the order page, no response. Today, very close to the deadline, buyer send me a message “Just draw it. I had some one else do what i wanted.”

???

I understand what he’s saying in the second sentence (not happy though), but the “Just draw it” is just totally com from nowhere. He never send anything before that message, where is the “it” from?

ps:I sent a message to him right after he made the order, in case he missed it, I sent another one. It’s been 8 days since he made the order, when did he commissioned someone else without notice that I was asking for instruction? Really doesn’t make sense to me.

On his profile page says he’s a regular fiverr buyer, make orders all the time. So that means he’s no newbie, very clear how fiverr works.

What should I do with it?

I remember someone discussed in a pose about a buyer commissioned different sellers for one project at same time, chose one then cancelled all the other orders. It is wrong, right? Any policy about this?

Thanks for your time. 🙂

Hironan

That definitely sounds weird. I know that cancellations are never fun, but sending the buyer a mutual cancellation request may be a good idea (in my view, at least). It sounds like he doesn’t even need your services anymore, and while his communication wasn’t exactly rude, it also wasn’t exactly filled with warmth and smiles. After giving you nothing to work with, who knows if he would even like the delivery? It sounds like you don’t even know what he wants. He may just want to cancel anyway after you deliver if he doesn’t even need your service anymore and may or may not like what you send him.

I would send a polite message in the cancellation request, something like, “Unfortunately, I did not receive adequate information from the buyer that would allow me to proceed with the gig. Please review my seller requirements for further information.”

Reply to @nickih: Thanks for your reply.

After I saw his message, I did think about just cancelling it, but then I felt like posting it here on the forum to show the story, in case someone knows a better way (even I can’t really think of any, haha)

It’s very cool that you are thinking of replying with a polite message. That’s probably a very professional way of dealing with it. But I couldn’t do it.

As you also noticed, he’s not been very nice, so I think he deserves to be treated the same way he treats others.

I always treat my nice customers very well, it’s always my pleasure to do my best for them.

I’ve also been very controlled towards some trouble makers.

But, occasionally I feel the need to balance my emotions, release some bad ones, don’t want to end up with mental issues.

Reply to @hironan: No, I don’t know a better way, but I’m definitely no authority, either. It seems like working with this person would be kind of taking a gamble. I do my best to be as polite as I can, but I definitely understand your frustration. When dealing with particularly “difficult” people, I may be typing out a polite message, but my mind is definitely elsewhere. Uh oh, does that mean I’m going to wind up with mental issues? Lol, I hope not. 🙂

I hope he’s happy and only come back for more orders, Hironan 🙂

I had a similar experience recently - a buyer placed an order and never supplied any instructions nor responded to my three messages over an 8-day period but my mutual cancellation request was accepted by the buyer within 5 minutes!

I thought of a few reasons why the buyer didn’t respond - s/he got it done somewhere cheaper/faster, changed his/her mind, ordered by accident (is unlikely for a $30 order but it’s possible)…

At the end of day, I’ve convinced myself that it is just part of business and that there are many other deserving clients in line 🙂

Have a nice weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived