How to deal with unresponsive buyers?

video45

Hello Fiverr Sellers,

I started this discussion just because I had no clue how to deal with an unresponsive buyer. I don’t actually have time for something like this, but I think this discussion can help alot of new sellers here on Fiverr. About five days ago; I sold one gig and this buyer didn’t respond to any of my requests but a word" KMOON", I actually did remind him on the third day and I also delivered a temporary video just in case I’m late and yesterday my rate decreased to 95% because he gave me a thumb down. I don’t actually take it seriously, but this is really shock even if it’s only $4. I think this is not only happening on Fiverr but in real life as well, so please give me your opinions!!!

Best Regards,

Video45

As Bachas85 said, you should cancel when there is no response. I recently had a buyer who gave me a very difficult topic with very little online to research. I asked for a few resources to get started. I tried three days to get in contact and stated clearly that I was going to cancel without response. In the end, I had to hit the cancel button. I really hate doing it but sometimes buyers give you no choice. I’d rather take the cancellation hit than the negative review hit.

What I see when I hear stories like these is there should be some amendments made to the 3 day auto completion rule. In the event that the buyer is unresponsive and the order automatically completed after the 3 day period then the option to leave a feedback removed. However the seller retains the option to leave his/her feedback. This in my opinion places a sense of responsibility on the buyer to initiate communication to the seller to ensure all requirements have been met respective to his/her purchase. The failure of the buyer to respond would result in an unresponsive ratio allowing sellers to see the buying activity of this particular member and thus improving our selling experience. Just my thoughts on this guys.

Guest marsch001

Reply to @craigscott: Great idea - however, the rating of the buyers doesn’t really do much, does it? I’ve never seen any ratings on buyer profiles, and I’ve always rated my buyers. Is it internal, for the Fiverr staff only?

I just happen to have an order from a guy who is supposed to send me an advertisement with the link to the site he is promoting for me to start working on it. All he has sent me is the link to his Twitter account which is in a language I do not understand. Although Google Translate gives me a clear idea of what it is all about, it doesn’t tell me what this seller wants from me.

I have contacted him already to remind him that he is supposed to send me more details, that was 24 hours ago, and so far, no response. I will send him another reminder in just a moment and follow the advice given above by the wise sellers and cancel the sale if nothing comes before the dead line, which is in 24 hours.

I had a similar case some time back where each time I sent my buyer a reminder for him to send me the required information, he would respond by adding an Extra :)) In the end, as the deadline was approaching, I decided to fix something for him and delivered, explaining to him that he was not happy with it I would cancel the order and refund him. He responded with a thumb up and a very nice positive comment #:-S

I don’t suppose that I would be that lucky every time and certainly not take the risk for just $4!

Archived