Please help! I'm new here :)

xxxkayleexxx

Heyyy everyone,

I’m kind of new on fiverr, so I’m going to need help from you guys.

So lets start with a brief introduction about myself, I’m girl who has been into graphic designing all my life. You can check my profile for more info.

My best friend told me about fiverr, so here I am 😃

After reading the TOS and some forum threads on seller tips, I came up with this:

http://fiverr.com/xxxkayleexxx/design-3-wonderful-logos

So how is it? Does it look attractive and is it missing any information?

Any help is appreciated,

Kaylee

You already know that logo cration is a very competitive category on Fiverr, but you also seem to be doing a few things differently to get attention and early sales, so that is a positive sign.

As an occasional customer of Logos, one thing that I look for that others rarely mention here is that in fact sometimes a logo that looks quite impressive in color on a webpage or brochure can still look AWFUL in black and white on a letterhead or envelope. Maybe that is worth some consideration when selling logos. Show the customer the b/w version as well, if that is how it is likely to be used in the future.

Just be weary that buyers will take extreme advantage of your 3 logos for one gig order. When you build up to a level 1 seller, just try to find some way to market your gig extras in a way so you don’t get over-worked and underpaid.

Also, adding videos and proper keyword research is key to getting orders.

I like your samples, just be sure that your samples reflect the average logo you will be selling.

Excellent gig, and basically follow what the others already said.

Promote yourself on Social Media, maybe start a web/graphics design to share some of your creations, and advertise your Fiverr gig there as well.

Getting exposure in a competitive category will require some promotion.

Also, maybe open a few more additional, more specific gigs. Like “I’m going to create a logo for your App”, “I will create a logo for your Company Brand”, etc.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I’m going to break this down for you as nicely as I can. When customers see you offer 1 day service it’s going to be a brutal blood bath. I used to offer 1 or 2 day deliveries and was slammed with orders when I first started. Just keep up with the orders until you get to level 1 or even level 2 and then change the day counter to 5 or 7 days and offer a 1 day service for $20 extra. I used to be level 2 until Fiverr demoted me due to mutual cancellations. i just need some more orders and i’ll be back in the game.

I am a graphic designer and freelance writer and now I am geared more toward the writing niche. I write short stories, articles, and essays. I want to tell you that giving the PSD vector away is a bold move. You can make an extra gig off that. When you get a level 1 badge you can sell it for $10 and when you reach level 2 you could sell it for $20 or even $40. Aim high, but sell low to attract customers. Some customers will pay more because they want to pay you what they feel your time and skill is worth. Make a tip gig…believe me you will thank me. Advertise that tip gig after every order so the customer knows that they are welcome to tip or order another gig. Just have fun and welcome to Fiverr. Who knows…maybe I’ll promote you on my Fiverr blog or order a logo off you. As a designer I have learned that I am never happy designing for myself. Happy trails and again welcome to Fiverr.

Josh

Guest mrspanda

Oh perfect. I do need a new logo. I am going to order your gig, but~

I am a little disappointed in you. I ran a quick google search of your examples- none of them are your work. They’re all stock images that can be found here: http://www.instantshift.com/2009/12/15/logo-design-inspiration-70-creative-fresh-designs/

Your flickr page basically copied all the logos from this website. Don’t claim something as your work, especially on your page, if it is false. How credible can your work be if you are lying on your gig description?

But, that being said, I am going to order your gig and see what you got. Perhaps what you did was an innocent mistake, but I am going to tell you this- you should probably upload your own examples and not try to pass off other peoples’ work as your own.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

good work mrspanda i should have checked that out too. I trust she can do decent logos too but I honestly want to see her work too. all my samples are mine and anytime someone ask to see samples i provide previous customer samples or design contest samples. I create mine with photoshop and illustrator. i use the vector shapes in photoshop, royalty free vector shapes, and stock images. I never create anything cheesy or recreate something. I may just order too just to see what she’s made of. 🙂

Reply to @mrspanda:hi you can order me here, check out my portfolio or google search as designotree…

favicon.icoFiverr.com

portdsignOtree.gif

designotree : I will design a top notch logo for your company for $5 on...

For only $5, designotree will design a top notch logo for your company. | *** Top Notch/Vector Logo***2-3 concepts*** multiple revisions***free .psd .EPS***Are you looking for a top notch/vector logo designer? if yes?Then you are at right place.I...

Archived