How To Not Get Frustrated As A Fiverr Seller

faith_akano

I may be just a level one seller, but I’m sure my little experience may help somebody out… Most likely a new seller.
With my little experience here on Fiverr, I’ve learnt that the best way to not get frustrated is to stay busy.
I’m sure you’ll ask, "How do I get busy when there are no jobs/orders?
Well, when orders are not coming in, sitting by your computer, staying online on Fiverr doing nothing, and expecting buyers to just start trooping in will only make you lose your sanity. When I was introduced to Fiverr, I was made to understand that Fiverr is not a get-rich-quick scheme. So don’t expect to just create an account and have orders coming in with no effort from you at all.
So the question is “How do you get busy?”

1. Take your time to make your gig as attractive as possible. You can take a cue from top rated sellers within your niche. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE OTHER PEOPLE’S GIGS. Just try to pattern yours like theirs.
  2. Maximize the number of gigs Fiverr allows you to have. Even if you can only do one thing, create many gigs in different forms on that same one thing. It’s like giving yourself a better chance of being seen. If you can do quite a number of things, create different gigs for each of your skills. If one gig is not selling well, the other may. Like me, I have a gig for Article Writing, another for Logo Design, another for Poster/Flyer Design, another for Proofreading and Editing, another for Greeting Cards, and another for Singing and Song Writing. Notice that I can use one gig to render my greeting card, poster & flyer and logo design services. But I chose to separate them to allow for better visibility in direct searches.
  3. Now that your gigs are all set, start making offers everyday. Don’t get tired, don’t waste your chances. Fiverr allows you to send 10 offers to different buyers everyday. Go to “Buyer Requests” and see what buyers are requesting. Make attractive and irresistable offers to them. The requests you’ll see on the Buyer Request page are only the ones that require your skills… The ones related to your gigs. (N.B: If you’d want me to do a post on how to make profitable use of your 10 offers and how to make attractive and irresistable offers to buyers, please let me know).
  4. Participate in the Fiverr Forum. Drop comments, make sensible posts, etc. It gives you an opportunity to be noticed. You can do this on days that there are no jobs, or after you have exhausted your 10 offers.
  5. Take your Fiverr business to social media platforms. You can share your gigs from Fiverr to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. I haven’t had orders for a while now, so I got busy and created a Facebook Page strictly for my Fiverr business. I’ll be making sponsored ads for my gigs through my Facebook Page. I’ll let you know how that turns out and helps my Fiverr business as time goes on. You may try that too and see how it works out for you. The point I’m trying to make is don’t stay idle. Work! Nothing good comes easy. You have to literally earn every single Dollar you make on Fiverr.
  6. This is not really a “get busy” tip, but I think ysing an attractive profile picture helps too. I change my profile picture from time-to-time. I’m not sure, but I think it does helps, especially if you’re a lady. Beauty sells.
    N.B: These are not all the tips that there are. I have quite a lot more to say, but I hope this little one helps. I’ll be doing more posts soon.

Archived