Message asking for samples but samples already available?

Hello, 

I am very new here.  

I made my gig live just over a week ago.  Yesterday I got a friendly enough message which asked me to send samples.  I was not able right at that moment to send anything (I was nowhere near the gear I use to produce work).  I replied saying yes and asking "when do you need it?".  Later on I looked for replies and found that there was no reply and that the person was no longer available to be contacted.  What happened? Did they leave the platform?  Was it a real account with a serious user, or something else? 

I am now glad I did not send anything because samples are already available and I don't know what would have happened.  At the moment I am only allowed to add 3 audio files and three images (plus a video which I don't have).

Does the person seem legit?

• Like 2

The account was probably fake. To obtain samples or other information without intending to pay for services, some con artists masquerade as possible clients. Fiverr keeps an eye out for such activity and terminates these accounts.

2 hours ago, vectjal said:

The account was probably fake. To obtain samples or other information without intending to pay for services, some con artists masquerade as possible clients. Fiverr keeps an eye out for such activity and terminates these accounts.

Thank you.  I suspected this.  Just lucky I didn't fall for it.

• Like 1