How the Gig Click mechanism works?

badar121

Question

I hope everyone is doing well.

As you all know, when we navigate to "My Business" -> "Gigs" -> and click on any gig from a Fiverr seller profile, it opens the gig performance stats. If we filter the performance by the "Click" filter, it shows how many clicks the gig received each day. I am interested in understanding how this click counting mechanism actually works.

A few weeks ago, I started sharing my star gig on social media platforms to attract more potential clients, considering that my gig has a decent number of reviews, which could help build trust in my service.

To be more specific, I shared my gig via the Meta Ads service and added the "Share my gig" URL to the CTA button of my Meta Ad. After running the ad for a few days, I observed that I was receiving 20-30 clicks on the URL of my gig. However, when I opened the "Gig Performance" tab for that gig and filtered it by "Clicks," it didn't register those clicks on my gig, showing only 1-2 clicks for the days when I actually received 20-30 confirmed clicks by sharing it on social media.

My question is whether gig clicks are only counted from people who have a Fiverr account and are logged in, or if there is a specific mechanism for counting gig clicks. I am unsure if I have explained my question clearly.

Please let me know if you didn't understand my question.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, badar121 said:

-I hope everyone is doing well.

As you all know, when we navigate to "My Business" -> "Gigs" -> and click on any gig from a Fiverr seller profile, it opens the gig performance stats. If we filter the performance by the "Click" filter, it shows how many clicks the gig received each day. I am interested in understanding how this click counting mechanism actually works.

A few weeks ago, I started sharing my star gig on social media platforms to attract more potential clients, considering that my gig has a decent number of reviews, which could help build trust in my service.

To be more specific, I shared my gig via the Meta Ads service and added the "Share my gig" URL to the CTA button of my Meta Ad. After running the ad for a few days, I observed that I was receiving 20-30 clicks on the URL of my gig. However, when I opened the "Gig Performance" tab for that gig and filtered it by "Clicks," it didn't register those clicks on my gig, showing only 1-2 clicks for the days when I actually received 20-30 confirmed clicks by sharing it on social media.

My question is whether gig clicks are only counted from people who have a Fiverr account and are logged in, or if there is a specific mechanism for counting gig clicks. I am unsure if I have explained my question clearly.

I'm not completely sure how the gig mechanism works, but I think when you share the link to your gig page (opened page), people can click on your shared link they go straight to your gig page instead of having to search for your service gig and then click on it. Maybe Fiverr only counts it as a gig click when someone searches for the gig and then clicks on it to open your gig page. I don't think it matters whether people have a Fiverr account or not.  (Reference ChatGTP)

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1

On 2/18/2024 at 1:02 AM, badar121 said:

I hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 2