What is the use of promoted gigs?

lordhista

Question

Does anyone know the use of the feature called "Promoted gigs"? What is the use of it if you cannot use it to drive sales to your gig that has been down without any impressions for more than 6 months, just because of 1 cancelled order? And the Fiverr support is the most supportive thing when it comes to Promoted gigs! Ask in any way you like, but the only response is a template mail ready made for questions about this feature.  

• Like 15

5 answers to this question

On 7/16/2023 at 7:25 PM, lordhista said:

What is the use of it if you cannot use it to drive sales to your gig that has been down without any impressions for more than 6 months, just because of 1 cancelled order? 

You are looking at 1 cancelled order but I can see that why are not you able to get it?

Reason is that you have not recovered from those reviews (1*, 2* and 4.7*) yet and still your gigs are under-effect. Those reviews have clearly stated that you have not performed the task very well according to their requirements. Also, those buyers have given you negative private reviews too that resulted in lower Buyer Satisfaction Rates (BSR). So you need to focus more on improving your services. 

• Like 9

On 7/18/2023 at 12:52 PM, smartdezigns said:

You are looking at 1 cancelled order but I can see that why are not you able to get it?

Reason is that you have not recovered from those reviews (1*, 2* and 4.7*) yet and still your gigs are under-effect. Those reviews have clearly stated that you have not performed the task very well according to their requirements. Also, those buyers have given you negative private reviews too that resulted in lower Buyer Satisfaction Rates (BSR). So you need to focus more on improving your services. 

True that there are some bad reviews by some people who doesn't know or understand what they ordered or simply leave a negative review even if the delivery is good. All others are 5 stars and that is the real feedback for my services. My point is, even if someone leave a bad review, if the seller's exposure is taken down by this platform, how can we recover from those bad reviews as we cannot provide the service? If there is a feature to promote the gig, then it should promote the gig, not put the gig Advertisement in the last page and deduct money when someone clicks it if they ever visit the last pages where gigs are shown.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, lordhista said:

All others are 5 stars and that is the real feedback for my services. My point is, even if someone leave a bad review, if the seller's exposure is taken down by this platform, how can we recover from those bad reviews as we cannot provide the service? If there is a feature to promote the gig, then it should promote the gig, not put the gig Advertisement in the last page and deduct money when someone clicks it if they ever visit the last pages where gigs are shown.

Like I said your gigs are under-effect of those cancellations and they usually takes months to get recovered (3-6 months). This is why your promoted gigs feature and your gigs are not performing well. It will take time meanwhile try to deliver quality services.

If you have 5 stars then it does not mean that you have received +ve private feedback too. No one knows this (BSR).. 

6 minutes ago, lordhista said:

True that there are some bad reviews by some people who doesn't know or understand what they ordered or simply leave a negative review even if the delivery is good. 

If they did not know what have they ordered then did you try to communicate with the buyer regarding it? Why did you deliver the order if it was irrelevant? You could have cancelled the orders by stating that client ordered by mistake or any other reason. Then contact Fiverr Support and request them to adjust your stats after evaluating your orders. 

About delivery is good but negative review: You cannot do anything regarding it. Just accept it whatever your buyer has given you feedback because we have no right to request or ask the buyer to change the review as this thing falls into Review Manipulation which is one of the violation of TOS.

For now, forget everything. Focus on improving and delivering your services. Improve your gig gallery too (as a buyer's perspective, your gig gallery is not impressive and have zero ability to grab buyer's attention).

• Like 8