The Fiverr Portfolio section in your profile is for your OWN work - Not for fake projects!

breals

As a web designer, I get the opportunity to design websites from scratch, but more recently, redesign sites from customers who have had a shoddy service from 'so-called' experts.   

When I look at what has been delivered to them, vs what has been promised, I see one clear factor to blame.   THE PORTFOLIO section of the freelancers profile! 

If you create a portfolio of work, it has to be your work, no one elses, no templates and nothing lifted from Google. 

In the last 6 months I have sat on Zoom calls and seen customers in tears becuase of false promises made by freelancers.  Why? Becuase inexperienced people feel that they can lie about thier skills with the aim of extracting money from hard working businesses.  It's not good enough people! 

This section of your profile is your credabilty and nothing else. It allows you to stick out from the crowd and show what you're capable of.  If you can't do this honestly, then don't add anything at all.

Don't create fake project descriptions, with fake project costs and fake screenshots/images, and make them out to be your own, as you will get caught out! 

By making false claims about your abilities you're putting your account at risk, and more importantly, stopping good honest businesses from getting off the ground. 

Please. take heed and listen.

I for one am reporting these profiles as I come across them, as it sickens me to know that unsuspecting and trusting customers are being taken advantage of. 

Rant over! 

• Like 6
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Support 1
  • Insightful 1

Very insightful @breals 

This is how I felt when someone stole my voice! A longtime client had the nerve to use some of our project content and create a synthetic voice. Not on this platform by the way! Then created videos with it! Yuck! How embarrassing for me as my voice was the brand so it sounded terrible! NAVA has a wonderful rider so voice actors can use it in their order requirements.

You should somehow explain that your portfolio samples are all created by you but you may already do that.  I am not sure if the description in each portfolio is part of the algorithm but my guess is that it is so use it for that purpose! 

It depends on your portfolio too. My portfolio samples are all my voice. Some I created but most are what the client created. Since we are limited to 50mb I always have to cut out a portion of the project to make it fit. I think Fiverr is working on upgrading the space limitations. 

• Like 8

For this reason, I don't share full projects in my portfolio (or with buyers in general). Every once in a while, I get some people (who often happen to be writers on Fiverr without any gigs) who DEMAND a full sample and get borderline cross/aggressive when I don't send it. 

I have a large file filled with bits and pieces of my work (all original samples.) This might deter some buyers (who are serious) who want to see more, but I really don't want my work stolen from me... especially when it's full scripts! So... I just do my best to convince them with the 600 reviews I have (and... just the years and years of experience.)

To be fair, I think the portfolio is a great tool in general, but it's kind of limited. I've tried setting mine up several times, but my writing never quite... shows up right (even when it looks fine in the doc I set up.).

• Like 3