Can a seller refer to another seller in Fiverr?

puspojit_biswas

Question

Hello Community,

I hope everyone is doing so well. 

I would like to share a situation with all of you and ask for your opinion.🙂 Let's assume that the client is already working with Seller-1. The client asks for something new that the Seller-1 is not skilled in. But the Seller-1 knows Seller-2, who is skilled in fulfilling the client's new requirements. Can Seller-1 share the Fiverr profile or corresponding Gig of the Seller-2 with the client and ask the client to contact the Seller-2 for that particular service? Is it allowed and valid as per the Fiverr TOS?

In my opinion, it is valid as the communication is still inside the Fiverr. I will appreciate your experience and opinions.

With Best Wishes,

Puspojit

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

5 hours ago, puspojit_biswas said:

In my opinion, it is valid as the communication is still inside the Fiverr. I will appreciate your experience and opinions.

It's obviously fine, if I am a writer and my clients asks me if I know someone to do a design for them, I can refer them to a designer that I know.

Realistically though, you need to ensure that the person you are referring is very good, otherwise if that buyer has a bad experience with that person, they could hold you accountable for that as well. So yeah, if you trust that person, great. But don't recommend randoms, as it might blow up in your face and you could be penalized for not recommending the right person.

To answer the other part of your question, that's ok, not against the rules. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Support 2

9 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

It's obviously fine, if I am a writer and my clients asks me if I know someone to do a design for them, I can refer them to a designer that I know.

Realistically though, you need to ensure that the person you are referring is very good, otherwise if that buyer has a bad experience with that person, they could hold you accountable for that as well. So yeah, if you trust that person, great. But don't recommend randoms, as it might blow up in your face and you could be penalized for not recommending the right person.

To answer the other part of your question, that's ok, not against the rules. 

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion & valuable experience. I appreciate it.

• Like 3