Am I getting scammed

rocameo

Question

I just put out my first ever gig on the platform and somehow I got a message just few minutes ago and I Stoked because IT's a First. But the person asked me to share my email with them in the chat because I am a new seller and they need my email to make the purchase. They even shared a screen shot but I think mistakenly they had put their name and the card details without the CVV in the screen shot they sent me. 

Well now I Received an email asking me to confirm the transaction, But I feel the email is a scam as the one I received when I got my gig published, and one email I received now has different emails address. guide me please and thank youUntitled-1.png.ef65d51184597877db1a380f0b4d08ce.pngUntitled-2.png.96ce78446905b78baa0a347275838c07.png

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

54 minutes ago, rocameo said:

But the person asked me to share my email with them in the chat because I am a new seller and they need my email to make the purchase

Never share your email address with buyers. It's against Fiverr's rules

Anyone showing you a screenshot saying that Fiverr is asking for them to ask you for your email address to make an order is scamming you.

Don't enter any card info or bank info if someone gives a link asking for that in the inbox. Fiverr doesn't need card info for you to work on an order. Don't scan any QR codes someone sends to your Fiverr inbox either (any QR codes someone sends to the inbox will mostly likely be scams if your gigs aren't anything to do with those).

Fiverr does send some notifications by email with the "from" email set to "noreply@e.fiverr.com" but those are notifications of Fiverr messages received or your withdrawals or notifications about briefs sent to you.

If you've received other emails with that "from" address that seem fake it could be that you've given your email address to a "buyer" that asked for it and they're trying to put the Fiverr "from" email address there to impersonate them.

Edited by uk1000
  • Up 2