Conflicting Support Advice and Success Score Issue – Need Help!

Hi Fiverr Community,

I need some advice and assistance with an issue I've been facing regarding my success score. A few months ago, I deleted one of my Gigs based on advice from Fiverr customer support, which assured me that this would remove the Gig’s score from my overall success score calculation. I was told that once the Gig was deleted, it would no longer negatively impact my performance.

However, despite following this advice, my success score recently dropped to 4.0, and it seems like the deleted Gig is still affecting it. I reached out to Fiverr support again, and the response I got this time is completely different from what I was told earlier.

Here’s what I was originally told (see screenshot below), where it was confirmed that deleting a Gig would remove its score. But now I'm being told it’s still affecting my account. I’ve only completed two orders and received 5-star ratings, so this drop doesn’t make sense to me.

proof.PNG

proof2.PNG

Yes! 
Fiverr customer support can ruin your life like that!! 
I have some other experiences: customer support lied to me about cancellation and negative affection on my gig. They promised me it would not affect me, but it affected me strongly... 

Anyway, regarding your drop on your success score; have you checked the 2-year window of your orders? Since the success score is taking your 2 years of activity into account, probably you lost a good-rated client due to passing time. 
I mean, get back to 2 years ago and see if a good project with a high rating probably left this 2-year window. Probably that was what kept you hight before and now it is out of calculation. 

Thanks for sharing this anyway. Mainly about customer support failures! 

• Like 1

Honestly, deleting a secondary/tertiary gig with bad history or/and less number of reviews makes sense because it would help the gigs with better record and higher number of reviews in providing higher weightage as their contribution towards the success score.  

But deleting the primary gig with most of number of reviews was a disastrous step. Support wasn't entirely wrong when they suggested that affirmatively but I don't think they noticed/considered that the gig mentioned in your query was YOUR PRIMARY GIG. (As they mentioned in the next mail, they don't have access to the data and information.) Think of it, if it was so easy to attain better/higher success score, most of the people would delete their gigs and start fresh to get a perfect 10.  

Recently, there was another case on the forum where seller deleted old gigs and started new gigs, accrued a success score of 8 and level 1 status. BUT all his gigs are new and their visibility is almost ZERO in the marketplace.

This system has a lot of flaws but it is certainly IMMUNE to arithmetic manipulation.  

Edited by priyank_mod

5 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Honestly, deleting a secondary/tertiary gig with bad history or/and less number of reviews makes sense because it would help the gigs with better record and higher number of reviews in providing higher weightage as their contribution towards the success score.  

But deleting the primary gig with most of number of reviews was a disastrous step. Support wasn't entirely wrong when they suggested that affirmatively but I don't think they noticed/considered that the gig mentioned in your query was YOUR PRIMARY GIG. (As they mentioned in the next mail, they don't have access to the data and information.) Think of it, if it was so easy to attain better/higher success score, most of the people would delete their gigs and start fresh to get a perfect 10.  

Recently, there was another case on the forum where seller deleted old gigs and started new gigs, accrued a success score of 8 and level 1 status. BUT all his gigs are new and their visibility is almost ZERO in the marketplace.

This system has a lot of flaws but it is certainly IMMUNE to arithmetic manipulation.  

Thank you for sharing your insights. I understand the logic behind deleting secondary gigs to improve the success score of primary gigs with better records. However, in my case, the deleted gig was indeed my primary and only one, which has led to confusion and frustration.

While I recognize that the system may not be easily manipulated, I believe it’s essential for customer support to provide consistent and accurate information, especially regarding how deletions impact success scores. My experience contradicts the suggestion that deleting my primary gig would not negatively affect my score.

It’s frustrating to see that the system can penalize diligent sellers who are trying to improve their standing by making what they thought was a strategic decision. I hope Fiverr can consider these nuances in its support and guidelines moving forward.

• Up 1