Please allow me to make custom prices in euros in the "Create offer" window.

Or at least clearly state the current conversion rate somewhere where I can easily see it.

I work mostly with european customers. We agree on a price in euros. I make them a custom offer but I'm forced to convert the price in dollars. As soon as the custom offer is created, I can see the resulting price in euros because I set euros as my currency. Oh no! The price is off by a few euros because the conversion rate used by Fiverr is different from the Google conversion rate! Now I need to redo the custom offer, cross my fingers, and the customer will be extremely confused.

I don't want to be paid in euros. I know that Fiverr uses dollars as currency. I just want to make prices in euros, then you can convert the price in dollars behind the scenes, as you already do.

Please update the "Create offer" window so that it shows prices in other currencies before the "Send offer" button is clicked, this is all that I'm asking for.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, slvideo1 said:

work mostly with european customers. We agree on a price in euros. I make them a custom offer but I'm forced to convert the price in dollars. As soon as the custom offer is created, I can see the resulting price in euros because I set euros as my currency. Oh no! The price is off by a few euros because the conversion rate used by Fiverr is different from the Google conversion rate! Now I need to redo the custom offer, cross my fingers, and the customer will be extremely confused.

Don't do that. As a seller, you should have the platform show you all prices in USD, and always tell clients the prices in USD. Always. 

That's the only currency the platform accepts as payment, and pays out, so there's no other option.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Don't do that. As a seller, you should have the platform show you all prices in USD, and always tell clients the prices in USD. Always. 

That's the only currency the platform accepts as payment, and pays out, so there's no other option.

This isn't helpful at all and I had taken extra care saying that I do not want to be paid in euros, that I know Fiverr uses dollars as only currency, that I'm talking about custom offers, that my clients often need a price in their currency of use. Please read carefully before answering.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, slvideo1 said:

This isn't helpful at all and I had taken extra care saying that I do not want to be paid in euros, that I know Fiverr uses dollars as only currency, that I'm talking about custom offers, that my clients often need a price in their currency of use. Please read carefully before answering.

You should read what I said carefully.

If buyers want to see prices in euros, they can set Fiverr to show them euros. If they have the platform set to USD,  you obviously can't override that and show them prices in euros. What you're asking for makes absolutely no sense. I'm in Europe. I buy things on Fiverr. I want the prices to be shown in USD, that's what I have my account set to, and if a Seller was able to show me prices in Euros, because they want, I'd be pissed. That's not what I want.

Fiverr uses dollars as the base currency, so evidently all the prices must be set in dollars. What a user (buyer or seller) sees as a currency can be set by the user. I advise all users to leave it set to dollars, for simplicity, but buyers are free to set it to euros if they prefer to see prices in euros.

I've sold to European clients (both UK and Eurozone) many times, and never had a single issue with currencies. If anything, the only country that sometimes asks questions is Canada, and usually to conveniently mistake CAD for USD, since it would be cheaper for them.

The euro is stronger than the USD anyway. I'd kinda understand  the issue if a buyer was thinking "I'm going to pay 100", and then it shows up as 120 after the conversion to their currency. But it's the opposite - they see 100, but end up having to pay 90€ or something, so if anything it's a pleasant surprise (for the people who don't understand currencies).

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 1

"I work mostly with european customers. We agree on a price in euros. "

This is your problem. You should not be selling in euros. Agree with prices in dollars. I deal with dollars if I'm selling to Italians, or French, or Japanese. Doesn't matter. That's the base currency for international trade, for best or for worst.

• Like 1
  • Up 1