Voice over work samples in the main portfolio is less than professional; we need an opt in/out

mandyzines

Professional voice over portfolios always include the final products audio was used in. It makes no sense to showcase voice over work in a portfolio without the visuals and music it's meant to compliment/enhance.

This automatic insertion of work samples might work well for other categories, where the work completed is the final product, but it doesn't make sense for Voice Actor portfolios.

We now have a janky mashup of just audio files automatically inserted alongside videos. We cannot move or delete them from the portfolio. They have no context to them, as it says in the documentation we're supposed to provide. https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/4413134063633-Using-My-Portfolio

In order to keep it clean and professional-looking, we now have to turn off live portfolios on each gig. 

We should be able opt in or out within the main portfolio. This way, we can keep the work samples up within our gig galleries and reviews--where it makes sense--and not degrade the quality of our main portfolio. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Support 1

Worse than that - I have pieces on my portfolio that I didn't put there. They're missing the video, nothing shows, it looks terrible. I don't have live portfolio enabled in any gig. I want to curate my own portfolio, as I upload gifs for every project, project descriptions, etc. 

I need a option to turn off any automatic additions to the portfolio.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, mandyzines said:

Professional voice over portfolios always include the final products audio was used in. It makes no sense to showcase voice over work in a portfolio without the visuals and music it's meant to compliment/enhance.

This automatic insertion of work samples might work well for other categories, where the work completed is the final product, but it doesn't make sense for Voice Actor portfolios.

We now have a janky mashup of just audio files automatically inserted alongside videos. We cannot move or delete them from the portfolio. They have no context to them, as it says in the documentation we're supposed to provide. https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/4413134063633-Using-My-Portfolio

In order to keep it clean and professional-looking, we now have to turn off live portfolios on each gig. 

We should be able opt in or out within the main portfolio. This way, we can keep the work samples up within our gig galleries and reviews--where it makes sense--and not degrade the quality of our main portfolio. 

Bloody hell, they found another way to mess things up. Have you switched off "live portfolio"? I just did. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

The current system of automatically inserting audio files into voice-over portfolios without their associated visuals or context is problematic. Voice-over work is meant to complement other media, and showcasing it without the final product diminishes its impact. It would be beneficial to allow sellers to opt in or out of specific portfolio items to maintain a professional and cohesive presentation.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, newsmike said:

Bloody hell, they found another way to mess things up. Have you switched off "live portfolio"? I just did. 

I did, and in third position is an item much like what @visualstudios described they had with all of their gig live portfolios turned off: it's missing the file.

It's also a two year-old order for an auto attendant, which doesn't align with what the documentation states about the most recent work samples being automatically added. The yoni steaming business' order should be on display! :classic_biggrin: Surely that would bring me--and Fiverr--more business.

And it just says "voice over" for context. What a way to waste people's time, having to click into items that may not have anything to do with the specific voice over niche they are looking for. 

I don't want to waste more of my client's time, but am I going to have to deliver everything in a zip folder to avoid all of this?

This would be of course after I type a bunch of unnecessary words in chat and delivery messages solely for the purpose of keeping Fiverr's AI happy.... 

portfolio.png

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 1
  • Up 1
  • Support 1

20 hours ago, newsmike said:

You can't switch off live portfolio of gigs that no longer exist. 

Those didn't appear before - now, if you made the terrible mistake of deleting an old, irrelevant gig that had live portfolio turned on... you're out of luck.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2