Why am I not getting orders? I need some advice or suggestions.

isaac_maina

Hello, everyone.

I'd like to seek some advice or suggestions. It's been almost 2 months since I received my first order, which was later canceled. Even though the client canceled the order, they left me a 4-star rating and a review. Since then, I haven't received any new orders. I've tried optimizing my gigs and comparing them with my competitors, but I still can't seem to get any new orders.

Can someone please tell me what might be wrong with my gigs or profiles?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, isaac_maina said:

Hello, everyone.

I'd like to seek some advice or suggestions. It's been almost 2 months since I received my first order, which was later canceled. Even though the client canceled the order, they left me a 4-star rating and a review. Since then, I haven't received any new orders. I've tried optimizing my gigs and comparing them with my competitors, but I still can't seem to get any new orders.

Can someone please tell me what might be wrong with my gigs or profiles?

https://www.fiverr.com/isaac_maina?public_mode=true

• Like 1

Here are some suggestions for you.

Monitor Messages, delays in responses, deliveries and cancellations to determine your metrics and have a score for the dice.

Optimize Hire Me Gigity: Tinker with keywords or change your title and tags to pop up in more searches.

Improve Gig Quality: How it looks, describe properly, and make a video. Put it to the test with an A/B test

Boost to Social Media: Share your gig on social media channels and communities.

Be Active: Turn on the Available Now feature from Fiverr and remain active to boost your visibility.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, hasan_analyst said:

Here are some suggestions for you.

Monitor Messages, delays in responses, deliveries and cancellations to determine your metrics and have a score for the dice.

Optimize Hire Me Gigity: Tinker with keywords or change your title and tags to pop up in more searches.

Improve Gig Quality: How it looks, describe properly, and make a video. Put it to the test with an A/B test

Boost to Social Media: Share your gig on social media channels and communities.

Be Active: Turn on the Available Now feature from Fiverr and remain active to boost your visibility.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will make the changes based on this information.

3 hours ago, isaac_maina said:

Thank you for the suggestions. I will make the changes based on this information.

Before doing that, I'd read up on why and how to do these things!

I think for now you're in a rough position. Your first order was cancelled. That's... kind of bad (cancellations are not good even with an OK review.). 

You might not get many more chances to prove yourself. I'd focus on improving your services so that if you get another client, it won't end badly.

Do you know why the order was cancelled? 

• Like 2
  • Support 1

11 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Before doing that, I'd read up on why and how to do these things!

I think for now you're in a rough position. Your first order was cancelled. That's... kind of bad (cancellations are not good even with an OK review.). 

You might not get many more chances to prove yourself. I'd focus on improving your services so that if you get another client, it won't end badly.

Do you know why the order was cancelled? 

The reason for the cancellation was that the client wanted the app to be completed faster, which was not possible. Initially, the project had only a few features to be worked on, which I could have managed. However, before I was done, the client requested me to add some more features to the app, which consumed a lot of time. The client kept requesting more features until I felt that it was too much and I couldn't do it. Ultimately, the client requested a cancellation and I agreed, but I didn't realize that it would affect my account.

I just wanted to get my first review, but it ended up badly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, razzak_expert said:

You might not be getting orders due to low visibility or competition. Optimize your gig title, description, and images. Ensure your pricing is competitive and offer multiple packages. Promote your gig externally and engage actively on Fiverr. Encourage reviews and review your gig’s performance data.

Thank you for the tips. I will work on optimizing my gigs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, md_taimor said:

Stay online, optimize your gig and shear your gig in social media. 

I usually share on social media, but whenever I stopped, the impressions and clicks dropped. Is it possible to maintain the impressions and clicks without sharing every day? What's your advice on this?

• Like 1

It sounds frustrating, but you're on the right track by optimizing your gigs. Try focusing on gig SEO with better keywords, updating your portfolio, and adjusting pricing for more initial orders. Also, promote your gigs on social media, respond to buyer requests, and use videos to increase engagement. Staying active and seeking external feedback can also help. Keep pushing, and don't lose hope!

• Like 1