Disappointing Change Regarding Offers

Fiverr used to be a great platform for ordering small and medium tasks and quick fixes at a fair price (wasn't that the whole idea behind the name?). Now, it seems like it's no longer the client choosing the freelancer, but freelancers choosing their clients.

Here's my recent experience: I needed a small fix for a software build that stopped working. It would take me about 4 hours, but an experienced web developer could probably do it in 10-30 minutes. I was willing to pay $50-$100 because it saves me time, and I believe in being fair. However, now I get responses like, "Sorry, we can't help with that," or I get lured into a call, only to later be offered something like this for a 30-minute fix:

"My team has reviewed the code but the project is working on the old version of the Vue like 6.2 something, so I would like to suggest here about the business model of the 40 hours a week with no fixed cost approach. However, in this business model the following point we can consider. - We shall review the current site/app code from our end - Install the source code to our local environment to set up & run and review the web/app and check the issues - We will do our best to fix the bugs/issues or enhance/add new features within these 40 hours. We shall utilize this initial 40 hours typically in 5 to 6 working days and keep you updated."

Sadly, Fiverr no longer feels like the marketplace for "Gigs" starting from $5. It's a shame to see such a great concept deteriorate. New management, perhaps?

• Like 1