"Dealing with Fiverr Spam: How to Find Genuine Offers?"

zeeshan_417

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Fiverr, and it's been about a month since I joined. However, I've been receiving hundreds of spam messages every day. Some people ask me to follow them on Telegram, others share suspicious links, etc. While I'm aware of internet scams in general, I'm still unsure how to identify a genuine client on Fiverr.

I'm concerned that I might overlook or miss out on actual offers. How do legitimate clients usually approach you? What are some signs that can help distinguish between real clients and scammers?

Please share your experiences and advice on how to handle this situation.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1
  • Up 1

2 answers to this question

Yeah I've been receiving spam messages lately, It's always someone from Nigeria and you can tell it's a spam account as it's a new account ( don't wanna generalize but most of the time scammers have new accounts )

If client is genuine and wants to work with you, most probably he has done research and sorted through lot of profiles and then messaged you seeing your profile or Gig, so they know what they want and will straight up order from you, or in some cases ask few questions related to Gig

I've been getting scam messages asking for my previous work and stuff, dunno why, I stopped sharing any extra work after I realized something is off and convo isn't going anywhere, now I just point clients to my fiverr portfolio to be safe, If I feel this message doesn't look correct or doesn't make sense, straight up block, don't waste time on such people

Hope this helps 🙂

• Like 1