Customers need my email?

yurii_mo

Question

Hi all, just created my account on Fiverr. And literally people started writing to me to write them my email, as if it is required to pay for my services.

As far as I know it is forbidden to share your contact details with customers.

What should I do in such cases?

Знімок екрана 2024-09-08 235402.png

Знімок екрана 2024-09-08 235433.png

Знімок екрана 2024-09-08 235444.png

Edited by yurii_mo

1 answer to this question

It's a scam. Report the message using the 3 dots on the top right of the message (which gives a menu and a report option).

If you wanted you could enter any reply to it first in case it still affects your response rate through not replying.

They've made a fake payment screen saying Fiverr asks for the email address. Fiverr doesn't. They'd try and send an email to you with fake payment stuff.

You're right. All contact needs to be on Fiverr. You're not allowed to send your email address to any buyer. If you do you'd get your account in trouble if found out.

Fiver already has your email so there'd be no need for them to ask the buyer to ask you for it.

Don't give them any info. Don't click on any QR codes sent to your Fiverr inbox or other fake Fiverr screens. All valid Fiverr screens have "Fiverr.com" as part of the URL (don't click on any that say "fiverr.id<number>.com or "fiverr.shop.....com or something).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1