Beware of New Fiverr Scam: Protect Your Account and Personal Information

Hello Fiverr Community,

I want to alert you to a new scam targeting Fiverr sellers. Recently, I received a message that seemed genuine but turned out to be a phishing attempt. Here’s how it works:

Initial Contact: You receive a message on Fiverr that says something like:
“Неllо! I’vе lооked intо а numbеr оf oрtiоns, and I’m rеаllу imprеssеd bу the оutstаnding quаlity аnd vаluе оf уour sеrviсes. Hоwеvеr, I’m hаving sоmе trоublе with thе рaуmеnt рrосess bеcаusе thе wеbsitе is аsking for уоur emаil аddrеss. Соuld yоu plеasе рrоvidе it sо I саn соmрlеtе thе рurсhаsе?”
Fake Order Confirmation: After providing your email, you receive an email that looks like a legitimate order confirmation. It says:
“We are swift to report that a client interested in your services has made an order. To find out about the forthcoming work and receive payment, please proceed with the form below and follow the guidelines.”
Phishing Website: The email contains a link to a website that looks very similar to Fiverr but has a different domain. This site asks you to confirm your identity by entering your credit card details.
Warning Signs:

Unusual Requests: Fiverr will never ask for your email address to complete a payment.
Suspicious Links: Always check the URL. Official Fiverr links will always end with “fiverr.com”.
Personal Information: Never provide sensitive information like credit card details through email or unfamiliar websites.
What to Do:

Report the Message: Use Fiverr’s reporting tools to alert their Trust & Safety team.
Do Not Click Links: Avoid clicking on any suspicious links or providing personal information.
Stay Informed: Regularly check Fiverr’s community forums and help center for updates on common scams.

Stay safe and vigilant!

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-05 a la(s) 9.26.15 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-05 a la(s) 9.25.24 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-05 a la(s) 9.25.02 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-05 a la(s) 9.26.42 p. m..png

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1
  • Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, catwriter said:

It's not new, it's been around for months, if not longer. And it was discussed hundreds of times on the forum already.

I think it's almost been a year... which is crazy! 

I'm quite concerned that news about it having spread far enough - I know Fiverr has made some efforts (and I mean, there HAVE been hundreds of posts at this point....) the fact that they are still fooling people is... weird.

People SHOULD be smarter by now, too though... that is, if the information HAS gotten to them. 

• Like 2
  • Up 7

43 minutes ago, catwriter said:

It's probably something like Bingo, how they choose to respond on the forum when they have no idea what the topic is about.

Can I just.... "thank youuuu.... for the kind and valuable information!!" 😭

• Like 2
  • Haha 4