How many sellers from the last 3 months have been shadow banned by fiverr algorithm orders just went silent no clicks nothing

brianexopert

I am writing to express my concern regarding a pattern I have noticed among sellers on the Fiverr platform over the last three months. Several sellers, including myself, have experienced a sudden drop in order clicks and overall engagement, leading to a state of silence. It appears as though our profiles and gigs have been shadowbanned by the Fiverr algorithm, resulting in a significant decline in business opportunities.

I have diligently followed Fiverr's guidelines, maintained high-quality services, and delivered exceptional work to my clients. However, despite my best efforts, my gigs have become invisible to potential buyers. It feels as though an algorithmic shadow has been cast over my profile, blocking me from reaching new customers.

I kindly request that you look into this matter and provide clarification on the following:

• Are there specific changes to the Fiverr algorithm that may have impacted the visibility of seller profiles and gigs?
  • Have there been any platform updates or policy modifications that could explain the sudden drop in engagement for sellers?
  • Is there a mechanism in place to appeal or rectify situations where legitimate sellers are inadvertently affected by the algorithm?

As a dedicated and hardworking freelancer, I take pride in providing valuable services to clients. The sudden lack of visibility has significantly impacted my income and ability to sustain my business on Fiverr. I would greatly appreciate your transparency and assistance in resolving this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this important issue. I look forward to your prompt response and hope to receive clarification on the algorithm's behavior and any potential solutions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, brianexopert said:

The sudden lack of visibility has significantly impacted my income and ability to sustain my business on Fiverr.

What income? You haven't received a single review (and probably not a single order) since May 2023.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

27 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

What income? You haven't received a single review (and probably not a single order) since May 2023.

He just posted what chatGPT threw up!! 🥲

Most of the people don't realise that when they copy-paste from chatGPT - even the font is so clearly evident. 😂 Its not even required to check the content of post on a checker. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Up 1

Lol but I relate to this!

So I was impacted by this new level system, and I just got my level back months ago. But I don't understand why my impressions and clicks went so low despite entering a higher level?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hoojinny said:

Lol but I relate to this!

So I was impacted by this new level system, and I just got my level back months ago. But I don't understand why my impressions and clicks went so low despite entering a higher level?

I don't think shadowbanning is the right phrase for it, though. If someone isn't doing well (even for the silliest reasons OR glitches (which might happen) Fiverr will stop showing them to people.

3 of your gigs are direct competitors of each other. That could also be why you're not doing SO well. It's just too much of one good thing. Why don't you niche down in some of them? I can (quietly) recommend illustrating puzzles/activities for kids, for example - it's a niche I've seen around a lot lately!

As for getting less impressions, you're now going against other level 2 sellers (not just level 1). It might take a bit for you to 'prove' your place in the marketplace again (as far as I know, we're compared against others in our category for our success scores, so it might take a bit for you to 'catch up' if you're going back to level 2 from 1. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

On 9/4/2024 at 5:05 AM, filipdevaere said:

You haven't received a single review (and probably not a single order) since May 2023

My guess is the last delivery was on 15th August 2023 so the last order was probably not long before then.

All 4 active gigs' page source seem to say: "recentDelivery":1692062589000,

1692062589 = 15th August 2023 in unix time.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

Some people have not delivered for an extensive long period of time because they do have other more substanable gigs outside of this, there is no reason to mock him for it.  I am being put in no where's land for over 2 years too but don't really care till most recently.  As the other member has pointed out, with new members joining, gig refresh and any slight bit of mistakes on your part will result in your page landed in the rear and not easily accessible by potential clients. Not a real shadow ban but the effects are close enough.  Best of luck to you! 

• Like 2
  • Up 1