Fiverr account Hack and temporarily disabled

antu_musictouch

Question

Today I want to share something very important. My experience is something every freelancer should know and need your help with. I am sharing this-
A few days ago(Aug 21, 2024, 4:19 PM) my account was accidentally hacked. The hacker took control of my account for some time. Fortunately, I was active at that time. Change Fiverr and Gmail account passwords instantly. I see the hacker has sent spam messages to several freelancers (check the attached image). I immediately mailed Fiverr support and informed the matter. After some hours, my account became temporarily disabled. I have tried several times with support to get their help. But so far no support has been received. 
I think Fiverr account security should be better because Upwork notified me Fiverr could not notify (check attached image).
Now the current situation has been four days with no response from support. The Fiverr account is completely under my control. But I am disappointed as I am not getting any response from support:classic_sad::classic_sad::classic_sad:. What should I do now?? 

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-25 at 20.45.03_67a816e8.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-25 at 20.45.42_3c114a1c.jpg

avast.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture hackk 2222.PNG

HACK 7888888.PNG

2 stape verifivcation.PNG

6 answers to this question

Hi

• Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Your account was temporarily disabled because it was compromised so for the safety purpose, Fiverr disabled it but for a short time. Don't worry about it. It will be restored but after some verification processes like they might ask you for security question + answer or anything. You must be prepared to answer those questions carefully and answers should be accurate. 
  • Why are you comparing Fiverr with other platforms? Each platform has their own processes and rules so you cannot do anything in this regard.
  • Most importantly, please stop sending new tickets to Fiverr Support as you already have created a ticket on the same issue. If you keep doing that, then you won't be responded. Avoid it. Be patient and wait for the response from Fiverr Support.
  • Fiverr is taking time in investigating your case because other sellers are also facing the same issue like yours. Investigation process definitely takes time so give them some time to make your account safe. Hopefully, you will get your account back if everything goes well.

Good Luck!

Edited by smartdezigns
Spelling Mistake!
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much for contributing important information. I am actually in a sad state.  I just thought should look into Fiverr security, so I apologize.
I am always grateful to Fiverr. Fiverr has given me so much.

Edited by antu_musictouch
  • Up 1