Are there any fees required to create a new Fiverr account or new gig?

6 minutes ago, creative_howl said:

Huh???? is this sarcasm?

No, there is a verification process now for NEW sellers and people have been asked to pay. Though, amount is not specified on the help page. I guess it varies from region to region and is not yet a universal rule for sellers from all countries. 

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/22582440968849-Account-verification

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

11 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

No, there is a verification process now for NEW sellers and people have been asked to pay. Though, amount is not specified on the help page. I guess it varies from region to region and is not yet a universal rule for sellers from all countries. 

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/22582440968849-Account-verification

Seriously? that's wild. But then again, I can understand why. 

I skimmed through the article you sent but there's no mention of a fee. Am I missing something (just curious, you know how I am lol).

Edited by creative_howl
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

I hope this leads to fewer meksells on the forum!

• Like 4
  • Support 1

Just now, vibronx said:

I hope this leads to fewer meksells on the forum!

Yes💯 but also this contradicts Fiverr's response to all scams in the last few months that, "Fiverr would never ask for money for verification/processing etc!!" 

It makes new sellers more prone to getting scammed.

• Like 4
  • Up 3
  • Support 1

1 hour ago, globalartstudio said:

Hi fiverr experts!

Are there any fees required to create a new Fiverr account or new gig?

As far as my knowledge goes, no. It sounds like either you are getting scammed or there are some policy updates happening in your area or country. Although I'm a "newbie", I know for sure I do not have to pay any fees (unless I want to use my fun-sized earnings to get Fiverr plus or pro...whatever it's called lol) to check gig stats (sorry, not post my gigs, but checking stats and stuff).

Have you reached out to support for clarification yet? They can help you out as well if you're unsure.

Edited by harigdarcy
Had to update for accurate information.
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Yes💯 but also this contradicts Fiverr's response to all scams in the last few months that, "Fiverr would never ask for money for verification/processing etc!!" 

It makes new sellers more prone to getting scammed.

Exactly!

Strange thing is I searched on Google till now, but couldn't find any official documentation regarding this verification fee. 

• Like 4

Do you think Fiverr's new approach of charging a fee for creating a new account will help reduce the number of scammers on the platform? If Fiverr were to increase the fee, say to $20, maybe even more?🤔 I believe it might discourage many of the scammers from repeatedly creating new accounts and scamming people, do am I wrong?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, farshad19rodar said:

Do you think Fiverr's new approach of charging a fee for creating a new account will help reduce the number of scammers on the platform? If Fiverr were to increase the fee, say to $20, maybe even more?🤔 I believe it might discourage many of the scammers from repeatedly creating new accounts and scamming people, do am I wrong?

The problem is that Fiverr is charging fees from 'sellers' only when they are creating their first gig.

The people who are scamming sellers do not need any active gig. They are coming as 'buyers' (fake customer support). So, with this new verification cost, the scammers are not getting stopped "in any way". Anyone can create an account for free and start sending messages to sellers with scam messages.

Instead, this will increase the chances of sellers getting scammed, as scammers can easily mislead sellers with a fake verification page (similar to the original page).

• Like 3
  • Up 4

3 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

The problem is that Fiverr is charging fees from 'sellers' only when they are creating their first gig.

The people who are scamming sellers do not need any active gig. They are coming as 'buyers' (fake customer support). So, with this new verification cost, the scammers are not getting stopped "in any way". Anyone can create an account for free and start sending messages to sellers with scam messages.

Instead, this will increase the chances of sellers getting scammed, as scammers can easily mislead sellers with a fake verification page (similar to the original page).

oh... That's bad! I thought that with this new approach, they would charge the fee before confirming registration!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, farshad19rodar said:

oh... That's bad! I thought that with this new approach, they would charge the fee before confirming registration!

Then they wouldn’t have any buyers left.

• Like 2
  • Up 3

44 minutes ago, vibronx said:

Then they wouldn’t have any buyers left.

A few months back when these scams had just started - I remember commenting on some topic that maybe they should charge ALL accounts and if they buy on Fiverr, then the charged amount can be offered as discount on buyer's net payout. 

• Like 4
  • Support 4