Fiverr Rating Mechanism

I have attached the rating calculation and according to my calculation my profile should be 5 stars but don't know how they are rounding the number, is there anyone who can help me with how they are doing this calculation as i am very interested in this and I look at my Total Rating after every new 5 star but it still remains there. image.png.1b0d2aeb51646856aba1e3633e59fc5a.png

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, mohsinnaseem452 said:

I have attached the rating calculation and according to my calculation my profile should be 5 stars but don't know how they are rounding the number

This is my calculation 👇

image.png.c3300d63fd62bf441960fc8b444288a3.png

As far as I know, they will display it as 4.9 if the total rating is below 4.96 (I am not sure). 

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

32 minutes ago, mohsinnaseem452 said:

I have attached the rating calculation and according to my calculation my profile should be 5 stars but don't know how they are rounding the number, is there anyone who can help me with how they are doing this calculation as i am very interested in this and I look at my Total Rating after every new 5 star but it still remains there. image.png.1b0d2aeb51646856aba1e3633e59fc5a.png

You heard about a thing called Weighted Average?? 

• Like 5
  • Up 2

I also calculated my rating with the help of Google Gemini, and it showed my overall rating would be 5.0, but instead of 5.0, my overall rating showed 4.9, so I reached out to the Fiverr Customer Support Team and asked them to tell me why this thing happened and how they would calculate the rating. They said they don't have specific information on that, but the rating system is reflected every two years, which I still don't understand what they mean by that.

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

What's wrong with 4.9* reviews (overall)? Why are you so obsessed with 5.0*?

People obsess with 5 stars because they want to have a perfect score. Some think that having 5 stars on average will eventually make them top rated seller and bring in more orders. Realistically, there's no guarantee for anything. Right now, I got reconsidered for TRS again and I am pretty sure I will not become one again because I have lower prices. Because otherwise, I have almost perfect metrics everywhere.

That being said, at this point I focus on delivering the best client experience. If I can become TRS again, that's great, if not, it is what it is. 

So I get why people are obsessed with 5 stars, but realistically, as you said, it does feel off. It feels fishy when someone has only 5 star reviews and no bad ones, it feels curated and unnatural. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Support 2

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

People obsess with 5 stars because they want to have a perfect score. Some think that having 5 stars on average will eventually make them top rated seller and bring in more orders. Realistically, there's no guarantee for anything. Right now, I got reconsidered for TRS again and I am pretty sure I will not become one again because I have lower prices. Because otherwise, I have almost perfect metrics everywhere.

That being said, at this point I focus on delivering the best client experience. If I can become TRS again, that's great, if not, it is what it is. 

So I get why people are obsessed with 5 stars, but realistically, as you said, it does feel off. It feels fishy when someone has only 5 star reviews and no bad ones, it feels curated and unnatural. 

Exactly

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mohsinnaseem452 said:

I have attached the rating calculation and according to my calculation my profile should be 5 stars but don't know how they are rounding the number, is there anyone who can help me with how they are doing this calculation

For your profile, their actual rating score calc result without rounding is: 4.935043

As it shows in your profile page source:

{"count":206,"score":4.935043

They might not be taking every rating and averaging it and then rounding it. I thought they changed it recently, eg. maybe it's taking more recent reviews and giving them more weight (the weighted average?).

edit: See this link: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/25072782273041-Recent-updates-to-Fiverr-s-Ratings-and-Reviews-system

We've updated the total score calculation to consider ratings from the last two years (from the most recent review), instead of your entire history. The total number of reviews, and the reviews themselves, will still reflect your lifetime work, but the rating score itself will only take into account recent feedback.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

For your profile, their actual rating score calc result without rounding is: 4.935043

They might not be taking every rating and averaging it and then rounding it. I thought they changed it recently, eg. maybe it's taking more recent reviews and giving them more weight (the weighted average?).

Right on target, its mean there is something else as well 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

9 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

edit: See this link: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/25072782273041-Recent-updates-to-Fiverr-s-Ratings-and-Reviews-system

Got it

• Like 5

@uk1000 Hi, After reviewing this thing for a week I came across a conclusion that even this thing is not correct because I have 4 more 5 stars during the week, and the rating is still at the same point on the source page, it is not changed even at 5th place after decimal so there might be some other mechanism behind this calculation. Secondly, I checked my review as well out of 210 reviews 208 are in the last two years so it would not effect as well. What's your say on this now?

• Like 3