Fiverr demoted me and it's my fault. But I wasn't expecting it to be this bad.

almuntassermohd

Question

I used to be a level 2 seller and I was getting really close to reaching top rated until a few months ago. 

I was working on a long term project for a client. But half way through the project, I suffered a horrible fate. 

For context, I've lived for 30 years in this house without a single flood entering our house. Then in the end of 2023, flood came knocking on our door for the first time and it was around chest level. 80% of our stuff was submerged in muddy water including my laptop. It was irreparable except for the ssd inside which I managed recover. 

Also for context, I alone live with my two elderly parents. Hence why my priority was on them. also, this was our very first experience with flood, and to say we were not prepared was an understatement. So many things happened, like our car almost going up in flames coz I didn't know your were supposed to disconnect the battery when its submerged in a flood. Neighbors saw it and warned us. 

luckily we have a small single bedroom upstairs (which is more like an attic) that we crammed ourself into. 

Long story short, this caused the project to be delayed. The client was super understanding and agreed to an extension. Then, near the end of the project and not even two months later after the first flood, a second flood hit almost as high as the first one. But this time I was somewhat prepared. 

This led to more extensions. The client understood as I had proof. Eventually the project ended on a good note. The client was satisfied and appreciated the effort I put into the project. But I was left exhausted and the house still needed repairs and adjustments. 

I decided to take a time off from fiverr and expected the consequences that I might lose my level 2 badge and that my gigs would get somewhat demoted. But I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. 

Two months later. My impressions are down in the gutter. In some cases almost zero impressions. 

I said, okay. It just needs some work. So I did my research, reedit my gigs and waited. Another months went down with nothing happening. 

I reedit again, maximize them for SEO even the descriptions have been overhauled and improved. But it's been more than a month since those edits and still the impressions are like this. 

Should I keep waiting for someone to magically click on my gig and decide to order?

How can I even do that, when my gigs are not even getting impressions, let alone the clicks. 
Its been 6 whole months that I haven't had any work at all from fiverr. 

Should I contact costumer support to explain my case and get some help directly? Cause God knows I could really use some right now. 

Profile:  https://www.fiverr.com/almuntassermohd

fiverr impressions.png

Edited by almuntassermohd
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

13 answers to this question

I'm genuinely sorry for the difficult challenges you faced due to the natural disasters. Hope you and your parents are doing fine now. 

Coming to the issue, your profile has received ONLY 2 reviews in the last 3 years. Current system (specially the new one which went LIVE in Feb'24) considers recent performance of the seller (in the last 2 years) to define their success score and gig's visibility. This is why you have lost your seller level and the visibility of your gigs is almost negligible.

Until unless your gigs fetch and deliver a few orders - your success score will not improve and system will not push your gigs into search results.  

Btw, what's your success score?? 

• Like 3
  • Up 3
  • Support 1

I see. i have not known this. I've certainly done more work than two in the last 2 years, one from a repeat client, but haven't left a review sadly. And checking his last activity, he seems to be no longer active. 

I guess I really am in a tough predicament.

as for the success score, this is new to me and this is what i've found.
image attached. 

Is contacting fiverr support for this particular issue helpful?
I mean, I have completed 74 orders in fiverr in total. 

I just thought all those years of progress in improving in my craft would mean something to fiverr to give a little help,
or perhaps not. 

success score.png

Support won't be of much help. They will re-direct you to the help centre page of new level system. It would be a good idea to read it and familiarize yourself with it. 

From your screenshot, it is evident that system does not have enough data to calculate your score. 

How about you pause/delete a couple of least relevant gigs and start brand new gigs with different title, genre and gig image? As a new seller, you can have only 4 active gigs. So may be pausing 2-3 from the current batch and launching new gigs will help. System will provide some push to NEW gigs too and it might help you gain some traction and hopefully new orders. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2
  • Insightful 1

I was going to say the same thing about the 2 new reviews. So thank you @priyank_mod for saying it first!

I can totally see how life would be devastating  to you. I live about 5 minutes from my parents and they are also my priority. We are in Southern California and wild fires are our problem. We have been evacuated twice and I worked with my special belongings in my car for several days. One of the clients I helped at the time had a mother who was dying of cancer. A caregiver did not show so I stepped in and helped. The daughter (my last client) remained a lifelong friend and has never forgotten what I did. She has helped me with her business and 15 years later is still my dear friend. 

What is the point of my story? You will NEVER regret helping others and doing what you need to help your family. They don’t forget, people around you dont forget and even children don’t forget. You do the right thing even if no one is looking. 

We all need money and business, but your honesty and kindness is what will get you to Top Rated Seller. You were on the path and you can do it again. Continue to reach out to people but ALWAYS trust your instincts. Work with what you have now and never quit. NEVER. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Support 2

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the kind words and sharing your own experience @melissaharlowvo. It is just the kind of encouragement I needed as not having any impressions nor clicks for that matter has indeed given me quite the discouragement. 

And thank you for the advice @priyank_mod. Honestly, creating a new gig with no reviews at all never even entered my mind. As my own experience when I first came to fiverr, it took me almost 9 whole months before I earned my first ever client. But your perspective made a lot of sense.

I guess I don't really have much of a choice but to take a chance, find a different angle to this dilemma and make do with what I have.   

Edited by almuntassermohd

1 minute ago, almuntassermohd said:

As my own experience when first came to fiverr, it took me almost 9 whole months before I earned my first ever client.

Totally understand. For me also, it took me months before getting my first order. 

But also your profile has 50 reviews - so anyone opening your new gig would see the reviews and your vintage on the platform. So its a relatively much better position than how we started. 

• Like 1

It's tough to face a demotion, especially when it's unexpected. Acknowledge the mistake, learn from it, and focus on improving your performance. Use this as motivation to rebuild your reputation, deliver great work, and work your way back up. Everyone faces setbacks—what matters is how you bounce back.

• Facepalm 2

33 minutes ago, onik_wp said:

It's tough to face a demotion, especially when it's unexpected. Acknowledge the mistake, learn from it, and focus on improving your performance. Use this as motivation to rebuild your reputation, deliver great work, and work your way back up. Everyone faces setbacks—what matters is how you bounce back.

Posting chatGPT replies on every topic won't help you!! 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

Wow.  You see and hear some things on this forum that really question your sanity. Scammers, Frauds, and incompetance.  But this is different,  I read your post twice in disabelief of what happened to you.  I am so genuinely sorry.

As @priyank_mod and @melissaharlowvo  have mentioned. You're in a bit of a sticky situation, with no real quick fix.  Love the idea from @priyank_mod about adding new gigs in place of old,  it may be a shot in the dark, but it's worth a go.

Also think about a proflle video.  again, there is no real evidence to say this will work, but it will improve the general feel of your page.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress! 

• Up 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

How about you pause/delete a couple of least relevant gigs and start brand new gigs with different title, genre and gig image?

As far as I know, at least for the New Seller level/level 0, a paused gig will probably get counted towards the limit. So if there was 3 active and 1 paused I don't a new gig could be created.

About reduced impressions - the gig "I will ghostwrite professional horror, mystery, thriller story" doesn't show any search tags. All the other 3 gigs show search tags under "related tags". Maybe it's just how Fiverr sometimes works but if none have been added then adding some might have a bit of an effect on impressions if it helps it be found.

Gig: I will ghostwrite professional quality fantasy novel without ai

& Gig: I will ghostwrite professional horror, mystery, thriller story

in the gig description both say "i was" and "So Lets have a chat." which could be changed a bit.

Edited by uk1000
  • Thanks 1

Sadly you are right @uk1000. It was late last night and decided to call it in hoping to wake up feeling more optimistic only to find that @priyank_mod suggestions is not possible. 

I have 9 gigs created, all of which have 5 star reviews. I feel kind of dejected now and short of ideas other than trying to optimize my gigs. 
But I've been doing that for months now and nothing has improved.

I tried to changing SEO TITLE to have less competition but still have demand. Improved my descriptions, but right now I feel like my gigs don't even exist or something. I really thought fiverr would give a bit of help for long term sellers considering that the longer and more work you do, the better you are at your field and those are considered valuable. But i guess not. 

I can try to cut those out @uk1000. But I am pretty much dumbfounded right now as what to do next after that. 

Anyone else here have a suggestion?

• Up 1

In gig "I will professionally ghostwrite your memoir" on my browsers it shows a "?" after the 3rd gig image. Maybe it's a .pdf that doesn't load. Maybe there's a problem with the current .pdf if there is one.

The main gig image shows a Fiverr logo and under "GHOSTWRITER" it shows 5 stars.

On this page: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/15863342952977-Gig-Images-General-Gig-image-guidelines

it says:

Don’t use Fiverr logos or badges- Fiverr automatically includes badges for you, so there is no need to add additional Fiverr logos, rating, seller level, or any other badges to your Gigs—this will flag your Gig and will be removed.

In answer 8 it says "i had".

What you could do is ask an AI like perplexity.ai if it can give suggestions about your gig. eg. paste the link to it if that works or paste the text and ask if there are any improvements it thinks could be made. You don't need to use any of the suggestions or any specific replacement text it might suggest (that might seem too AI written), but you could use it a rough guide in case it comes up with good suggestions.