How Do I Set My Rate for Briefs If There is No Unit to Rate By?

rahmanbazian

Question

I'm proplexed by this! There is no unit. But there is a dollar sign when you tap/clock on "Set Rate", but per what? As a translator, among other things, I charge per word or per page (250 words). What is the rate for? Especially since I haven't set up a unit, and especially since in the packages, the unit is highly customizable, even additional words! How can I set a rate when I do not know the respective unit for the service rate I'm charging?

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

On 8/15/2024 at 7:01 PM, melanielm said:

It just means the lowest price you'll accept for a project, really. You'll get briefs (maybe) at all different price points and aren't locked into the number you chose.

Regardless of the unit and quantity? What is the lowest price for a project? I mean, if a project is 10,000 words and another is 250 words, to which does the brief rate apply?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rahmanbazian said:

Regardless of the unit and quantity? What is the lowest price for a project? I mean, if a project is 10,000 words and another is 250 words, to which does the brief rate apply?

From my experience, it doesn't really apply to anything. You'll get briefs (maybe - some people say they don't get any) anywhere from the number you input and up. It could be for any amount of work. For example, I'm a writer and charge per word. I set my briefs to allow anything from the lowest I charge for a very short article. I get briefs asking for entire books for that dollar amount sometimes. I simply ignore them. I also get briefs with budgets above what I usually charge. I can choose to contact them and offer my services. Briefs don't create automatic orders at that price point.

Your brief pricing settings don't have anything to do with what the person will ultimately pay if they decide to buy from you. It just cuts off the lower-budget briefs you would get otherwise.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rahmanbazian said:

You're brand new on the platform and most likely, you will not receive any briefs in the near future.

There is no specific criterion but algorithm usually sends out briefs to sellers who are Level 1 or above!! 

So no point in brainstorming over this at the moment. Once you start selling and successfully deliver a few orders, then you will start receiving enquiries as well as briefs. 

• Like 2