My ratings bar is still on 0 in my level overview

shahzaibnade883

Question

11 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Yesterday someone posted on the forum that he STAYS UP whole night to align his availability with buyers in the western hemisphere!

Most of my clients are from the Netherlands. They are awake when I am asleep (here in China), and yet they keep contacting me through my inbox. Whether I am online or not, my clients worldwide keep contacting me and the orders keep coming.

If people want to use your services, they will be willing to wait a few hours for you to come online.

• Like 4
  • Up 3

51 minutes ago, wordpresssp said:

The teacher asked us to add English, French, and German languages. The most important to stay active on fiverr was a tip.

This is all useless advice.
This is one of the reasons why most new sellers from a certain region in Asia are fluent in English. An hour ago I watched a video of one of these sellers. He was reading a text (I could see it) before the camera. He was unfamiliar with the words and the pronunciation was terrible. I couldn't understand half of what he said. He probably didn't either. Presumably, someone else wrote the text for him or it was done by ChatGPT.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, wordpresssp said:

The teacher asked us to add English, French, and German languages. The most important to stay active on fiverr was a tip. :classic_biggrin:

Yesterday someone posted on the forum that he STAYS UP whole night to align his availability with buyers in the western hemisphere!! 🫠

I bet this is also part of the curriculum somewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Most of my clients are from the Netherlands. They are awake when I am asleep (here in China), and yet they keep contacting me through my inbox. Whether I am online or not, my clients worldwide keep contacting me and the orders keep coming.

If people want to use your services, they will be willing to wait a few hours for you to come online.

I'm going to Bali next month and you bet I'm not going to shift my work hours either (...perhaps I won't work at all but still!)

2 hours ago, wordpresssp said:

You know what, I took freelancing classes back in 2023 to polish my skills including communication. The teacher asked us to add English, French, and German languages. The most important to stay active on fiverr was a tip. :classic_biggrin:

That's so odd though. It truly feels like they were trying to sabotage you. If I reached out to someone in French who claims they are fluent (I happen to actually speak it lol) and they replied oddly I'd just cut contacting there and then. 

I think the tricky thing is, I don't think freelancing can be taught. It's not really - a - skill (or just one niche.) You can do literally anything well and freelance, so teaching just the bare minimum doesn't really help I suppose? 

What works for me as a game writer is silly images and being professional, but still enthusiastic. The same thing won't work for a technical writer!

• Like 4
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, shahzaibnade883 said:

Hi, freelancer! I have a question, I have completed 3 orders with 5.0 ratings given by the clients, but my rating bar is still on 0 is this a glitch or i am missing something?

Screenshot 2024-08-15 135718.png

This definitely looks a bit off. I'd wait a week or two and if it continues to have no data there I'd likely check in with CS (but could be just what was said above. Might need time!)

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, shahzaibnade883 said:

Hi, freelancer! I have a question, I have completed 3 orders with 5.0 ratings given by the clients, but my rating bar is still on 0 is this a glitch or i am missing something?

It's neither 0 nor 5 though. So as the others said, it might need some time or orders. If you have an ongoing order, just wait for the last review. And if the rating is still like this, then you can contact the CS.

• Like 1
  • Up 2

32 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

By the way, do you speak Dutch?

image.png.451ae66f4c360b8f2635e50cf649cde1.png

You know what, I took freelancing classes back in 2023 to polish my skills including communication. The teacher asked us to add English, French, and German languages. The most important to stay active on fiverr was a tip. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

This is all useless advice.
This is one of the reasons why most new sellers from a certain region in Asia are fluent in English. An hour ago I watched a video of one of these sellers. He was reading a text (I could see it) before the camera. He was unfamiliar with the words and the pronunciation was terrible. I couldn't understand half of what he said. He probably didn't either. Presumably, someone else wrote the text for him or it was done by ChatGPT.

Unfortunately, the mindset is still same , and new sellers are being misguided. 

• Like 3