Rating

layo_ideas

Question

I want to understand Fiverr's new reviews and rating system. Somehow, it looks arbitrary to me. An old, cordial client gave me a 4.7-star rating and I wondered why. Fiverr broke down the rating to me telling me things that went wrong. One of my weak points Fiverr points out is my communication. What I find questionable is how they arrived at that. In the client's written review, she stated "Also communicates well". See the attached screenshot. So, how did Fiverr arrive at my rating, needing me to improve my communication when the client clearly states I communicate well? Does anyone know how this works?

Review.JPG

3 answers to this question

No no, its not Fiverr who is pointing out flaws in your communication. Unless of course, your gig score tells that there is room for improvement/negative impact in communication. 

While buyer literally mentioned that you communicate well but they also chose to give you 4-stars on communication. (self-contradicting behaviour)

33 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

While buyer literally mentioned that you communicate well but they also chose to give you 4-stars on communication. (self-contradicting behaviour)

4 stars on Fiverr is good. 5 stars is perfect (beyond expectations). Or am I wrong?

4 minutes ago, michmikaia said:

4 stars on Fiverr is good. 5 stars is perfect (beyond expectations). Or am I wrong?

Totally.💯 And both things (verbal feedback and rating) can be very subjective too. Buyer might just mean that 'communicates very well' is equivalent to 4-stars. 

Also, a few buyers take pride in being overly-analytical or critical too. They provide ratings like:

Walter White Cooking | Know Your Meme

• Up 1