Update on unavailability status for our freelancers in Pakistan

Kesha

Hi community! We have a quick announcement for our sellers in Pakistan.

On July 31st, we were notified that the region was impacted by internet outages. We immediately took action to ensure that your account was not affected by unexpected and unpreventable delays.

What did we do?
On August 1st, we temporarily set all gigs and availability status’ for our Pakistani sellers to unavailable, ensuring your ratings and success score were not impacted by factors outside of your control.

If you are still available?
You can easily and quickly turn your availability back on by following these steps. If you need any assistance, or have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Support team here.

• Like 38
  • Insightful 2

There's zero internet issues in Pakistan. 

The real story is that the govt has implemented a firewall around some social media sites to monitor some 'dubious' activities,  mainly for political reasons. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the internet and no freelancing site has been affected. 

I dunno if my gigs are set to 'unavailable' but if they're, it's totally wrong. However, as I got several order in August, I believe they're not unavailable.

• Like 37
  • Up 4

There is already a lack of opportunities, they didn't provide us with any earning facilities. Electricity bills and inflation are in the sky. If we use social media using VPN it's working smoothly but without VPN there are lots of issues. 

This govt doesn't have any reasonable policymakers who can give them solutions to control anti-govt issues. So they install firewalls and make our life more harder and harder. This govt is not elected by people so Pakistani Youth asked questions and trolled them regarding their policies and they didn't have any thinkable brain to stop without disturbing the freelance community. So they break down the internet to slow down the anti-government agenda. installed a firewall and now they are waiting for our death due to poverty. 

We need support from Fiverr to keep our gig available so we can earn some money by providing quality services. 

• Like 24
  • Up 1

Hi Kesha,

I don’t use forums much, but I need to reply to this topic. Since last week, there has been fake news claiming that the government has banned the internet or imposed restrictions on sites. That’s completely false. The government has only implemented a firewall on some social media sites to track 'dubious' activities. The rest is just fear, uncertainty, and doubt (FUD), with some elements trying to malign the country’s reputation just for the sake of sensational "internet ban" news. If the government ban Facebook or X, it wouldn't affect Fiverr. Everything else has been working normally, and we have been using the internet without issues for the past month.

Therefore, I request that don’t trust any FUD and ensure that all gigs are set to "available."

Best regards.

• Like 20
  • Up 7
  • Support 2

6 hours ago, waleedview said:

Hi Kesha,

I don’t use forums much, but I need to reply to this topic. Since last week, there has been fake news claiming that the government has banned the internet or imposed restrictions on sites. That’s completely false. The government has only implemented a firewall on some social media sites to track 'dubious' activities. The rest is just fear, uncertainty, and doubt (FUD), with some elements trying to malign the country’s reputation just for the sake of sensational "internet ban" news. If the government ban Facebook or X, it wouldn't affect Fiverr. Everything else has been working normally, and we have been using the internet without issues for the past month.

Therefore, I request that don’t trust any FUD and ensure that all gigs are set to "available."

Best regards.

The government is implementing a firewall on social media, which is causing the internet, along with other social media platforms and websites, to slow down. Your information is incomplete.

• Like 13

Fiverr needs to investigate and verify that there are no slow internet speed issues in the region. The issues are limited to Facebook and Twitter, which are being monitored to track anti-government posts. Apart from this, the internet is functioning properly, and no projects or clients are affected. Fiverr needs to ensure all GIGs are available as soon as possible.

• Like 12

On 8/14/2024 at 9:57 AM, rabihumakhan said:

There's zero internet issues in Pakistan. 

The real story is that the govt has implemented a firewall around some social media sites to monitor some 'dubious' activities,  mainly for political reasons. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the internet and no freelancing site has been affected. 

I dunno if my gigs are set to 'unavailable' but if they're, it's totally wrong. However, as I got several order in August, I believe they're not unavailable.

Yes I'm Agreed with it. 

• Like 9

Thanks everyone for the update. Our goal is to assist our sellers as quickly and efficiently as possible and we're glad to hear that the outage isn't affecting your access to our site. If any other issues arise, our team is always here to support you during these challenging times.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

The rumors about an internet ban in Pakistan are completely false. The government has implemented a firewall specifically on platforms like Facebook and Twitter (X) to monitor suspicious activities. However, there are no widespread internet issues. IT companies, digital marketers, and freelancers are continuing their work without any disruption."

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Kesha said:

Thanks everyone for the update. Our goal is to assist our sellers as quickly and efficiently as possible and we're glad to hear that the outage isn't affecting your access to our site. If any other issues arise, our team is always here to support you during these challenging times.

Thank You. 

• Like 7

HI,

I am yahya from pakistan, first of all internet issues is for mobile data users and we work from computers on fiverr who uses data on pcs everyone uses wifi and there is no issues from wifi . the firewall does not works on wifi and secondly the firewall is for social media like X ,facebook and whatsapp everything else works fine and the people who still want to use these path form they can indeed use it by VPN

So,

there is no need to make pakistani users unavailable   

Edited by yahyah_develper
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...