Celebrating 10 Years on Fiverr Today!

smartdezigns

About Myself:
10 years ago, I was already working as a Freelancer (Graphic Designer) on other platforms. Those platforms had been considered the best source of income but with the passage of time, jobs related to my skills were not available anymore. So I had to quit them and thought of trying other platforms. Did not want to lose hope.

Funny thing is that I am a M.S./M.Phil Degree Holder (18 years of education) in Environmental Science but rather than looking for a job in the respective field, I chose a completely different path i.e. Graphic Design because of my excellent drawing skills. Obviously, it was a risky move but I had faith in myself and it paid off very well so no regrets.

How It Started - Fiverr:
I came to know about Fiverr via my brother who was a Web Developer on Fiverr (not working anymore on Fiverr but his account is still active). So, I did some research on Fiverr, read articles to get more knowledge about how it works actually.

• Joining Date/Account Creation: 14th August, 2014 (Luckily, it’s the Pakistan Independence Day too)
  • Created Gigs: 14th August 2014
  • 1st Order: 21st August, 2014
  • Promoted to Level 1: 29th September 2014
  • Promoted to Level 2: 9th December, 2014 
  • Till to date: I am still a Level 2 Seller (Never have been demoted to Level 1 or 0. Qualified to be a TRS but not worried about that.. I had to take a few breaks too because of office jobs which I have done for 4 years).

In My 10 Years of Fiverr Journey: 

• I have never done any Social Media Marketing.. Not even used any other promotional mediums
  • No Promoted Gig (even I have this feature)
  • No Portfolio / Intro Video / Paid Consultation (don’t feel like to use them)
  • Zero focus on Impressions / Clicks (no interest in these things but still have knowledge about these things.)
  • Fiverr has launched several features/products/rules but nothing has affected me so far.. not even overall Success Score. (Currently, it’s 9)
  • And most importantly, I never stay online 24/7 like a Robot. 

Few Points For New Sellers:

• Always read and get knowledge from the articles via “Help & Resources Center” before creating an account on Fiverr.
  • Always follow Terms of Services (TOS).
  • Do not try to cheat the Fiverr’s System no matter what. Be honest.
  • Try to follow the tips and guidance given by the experienced sellers on the Forum. 

A Big Thanks to Fiverr for Everything and also for making me a Stronger and Independent Person! 

And Thank you to all my Fellow Sellers (Forum Friends) + Fiverr Staff (friends) with whom I have shared a lot on the Forum. I cannot thank them enough. There is a long list of those friends so I am not gonna tag them. They know very well whom I’m talking about. 

Thank You! 

• Like 81
  • Congrats! 23
  • Up 2
  • Insightful 3

Awe-inspiring stuff @smartdezigns!! 🙌 

You have more experience & earned learnings on Fiverr, than a lot of us put together. 

On 8/13/2024 at 3:16 PM, smartdezigns said:

I have never done any Social Media Marketing.. Not even used any other promotional mediums

Zero focus on Impressions / Clicks (no interest in these things but still have knowledge about these things.)

And most importantly, I never stay online 24/7 like a Robot. 

Do not try to cheat the Fiverr’s System no matter what. Be honest.

Wish we could put these pointers 👆 on a Billboard for all new arrivals!!  

• Like 37
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Congratulations.

This is almost the same as my story.
Your method is almost identical to mine. I do use a portfolio and am working on posting a presentation/video at 1 gig.

This is another great proof that most of the tips/advice you see on the forum is just nonsense. As long as you keep getting orders and delivering quality, Fiverr will continue to support you 100%. You will remain in the search results and Fiverr will lead buyers to your account via "Neo" or "Briefs".

• Like 40
  • Up 2
  • Support 4
  • Insightful 1

37 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Congratulations.

Your method is almost identical to mine. I do use a portfolio and am working on posting a presentation/video at 1 gig.

Thank you :classic_smile:

I am not using a Portfolio feature because there are tons of copycats here and I have seen some of the sellers used my designs (gig images) so it's better to not add some of my designs there even though it's a great feature to use. For now, gig gallery is fine! 

40 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

This is another great proof that most of the tips/advice you see on the forum is just nonsense. As long as you keep getting orders and delivering quality, Fiverr will continue to support you 100%. You will remain in the search results and Fiverr will lead buyers to your account via "Neo" or "Briefs".

💯 Absolutely right! 

• Like 25
  • Up 1
  • Support 1

8 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

I am not using a Portfolio feature because there are tons of copycats here

In my portfolio, I only show a few pages of manuals I have written. They cannot copy the entire manual. There is only 1 mini-manual fully visible, but they are welcome to look at it and copy it. I have to protect the large manuals, which may not be copied.

• Like 23
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

In my portfolio, I only show a few pages of manuals I have written. They cannot copy the entire manual. There is only 1 mini-manual fully visible, but they are welcome to look at it and copy it. I have to protect the large manuals, which may not be copied.

And I cannot reveal my designs easily and openly because of my buyers as they want their designs to be kept confidential. It's a good thing for me too. 

• Like 22

@smartdezigns Congratulations on the amazing milestone!!! 🥳 I wish you continued success in the future! I am thrilled for you and cannot wait to see all the amazing things you will continue to achieve! Keep on being brilliant! 🍀 

• Like 31
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done @smartdezigns  It's great to hear about your journey

It's a really great lesson to newbies that success doesn't come after a few weeks.  It's a long and drawn out process that takes a lot of blood sweat and tears. 

Good luck on the next 10 years 😀

• Like 27
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Kesha featured this topic

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experience & precious guidance for new seller. And our heartiest congratulations for your long journey with Fiverr. 

Edited by sujoydew
  • Like 11

Ten years is a significant milestone! I've been on Fiverr for over nine years myself. I've found that using paid promotions can boost sales, so it's worth considering. If you have the option to add portfolio on your profile, you should take advantage of it. I earned the Top Rated Seller (TRS) badge about five months ago. Before receiving the badge, I got the portfolio option and uploaded around five or six samples. I believe these samples played a role in helping me achieve the TRS status. Congratulations on your achievements, and I wish you continued success and even more sales!

congrats-gif-1.gif

• Like 10
  • Support 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wp_kid said:

Ten years is a significant milestone! I've been on Fiverr for over nine years myself. I've found that using paid promotions can boost sales, so it's worth considering. If you have the option to add portfolio on your profile, you should take advantage of it. I earned the Top Rated Seller (TRS) badge about five months ago. Before receiving the badge, I got the portfolio option and uploaded around five or six samples. I believe these samples played a role in helping me achieve the TRS status. Congratulations on your achievements, and I wish you continued success and even more sales!

Thank you so much for your kind wishes and tips too. Sure, I will try to add some design samples in the Portfolio section soon. 😊

I already have Promoted Gig option but I don't really need it as I have tons of repeat clients and getting new clients these days as well.. that means I am doing good for now without it. ✌️

Edit: Congratulations to you on achieving the TRS badge. So happy for you. 😊

Edited by smartdezigns
Additional Content
  • Like 8
  • Support 1

Such an inspirational story. Going at this consistently for 10 years is no joke.

New sellers.... You guys need to take a look at this:

• I have never done any Social Media Marketing.. Not even used any other promotional mediums
  • Zero focus on Impressions / Clicks (no interest in these things but still have knowledge about these things.)
  • Fiverr has launched several features/products/rules but nothing has affected me so far.. not even overall Success Score. (Currently, it’s 9)

Congratulations on reaching this amazing milestone, and here's to the next 10 years! 🍻

Cheers!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2024 at 10:16 PM, smartdezigns said:

About Myself:
10 years ago, I was already working as a Freelancer (Graphic Designer) on other platforms. Those platforms had been considered the best source of income but with the passage of time, jobs related to my skills were not available anymore. So I had to quit them and thought of trying other platforms. Did not want to lose hope.

Funny thing is that I am a M.S./M.Phil Degree Holder (18 years of education) in Environmental Science but rather than looking for a job in the respective field, I chose a completely different path i.e. Graphic Design because of my excellent drawing skills. Obviously, it was a risky move but I had faith in myself and it paid off very well so no regrets.

How It Started - Fiverr:
I came to know about Fiverr via my brother who was a Web Developer on Fiverr (not working anymore on Fiverr but his account is still active). So, I did some research on Fiverr, read articles to get more knowledge about how it works actually.

• Joining Date/Account Creation: 14th August, 2014 (Luckily, it’s the Pakistan Independence Day too)
  • Till to date: I am still a Level 2 Seller (Never have been demoted to Level 1 or 0. Qualified to be a TRS but not worried about that.. I had to take a few breaks too because of office jobs which I have done for 4 years).

• Always read and get knowledge from the articles via “Help & Resources Center” before creating an account on Fiverr.
  • Try to follow the tips and guidance given by the experienced sellers on the Forum. 

A Big Thanks to Fiverr for Everything and also for making me a Stronger and Independent Person! 

And Thank you to all my Fellow Sellers (Forum Friends) + Fiverr Staff (friends) with whom I have shared a lot on the Forum. I cannot thank them enough. There is a long list of those friends so I am not gonna tag them. They know very well whom I’m talking about. 

Thank You! 

This is so inspirational, thank you!

• Like 4

On 8/14/2024 at 12:16 AM, smartdezigns said:

About Myself:

How It Started - Fiverr:

Thank You! 

Hello Ma'am!

First of all congratulations on your success! I am from Pakistan as well and have been looking at your suggestions in Forums too as I am exploring different topics to learn more as a newbie. Your journey is so amazing & I love the part where you said do not cheat Fiverr because to be honest so many people around me have been proposing so many ways that deem to be totally unethical to try. I am considering to wait patiently as long as it takes to get any orders.

I do have one question though (I hope you wouldn't mind asking on this journey post). 

Since you mentioned joining in 2014, back then there was may be less competition and buyer requests were there too. Today the competition and the number of people approaching Fiverr for freelancing has increased a lot. Do you believe thriving here needs more of motivation than going to edit or delete and re-share Gigs etc. if one sees no orders or progress in weeks or months. 

Congratulations once again ma'am! Wish you more success in future. 

Best Regards & Warm Wishes,

Ibtisam Ch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1