What dish would you cook first in a new home?

katakatica

Hey all! 

Long story short, after three days of non-stop work, 40 boxes (and countless trash bags), I've finally moved to a shiny new place with an awesome kitchen! 

That's what brought this question up:

What would you cook after moving? Would it be a favourite dish? Or something really simple and easy? 

I'm not 100% sure just yet, but I think to test the waters with our new oven, I'll be baking a loaf of bread and maybe making some sort of one-pot meal with potatoes, chicken and some other veg!

So... what about you? 

Edited by katakatica
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Congrats on your new house. Maybe I'd do a microwave chicken dinner. 🙂

chicken-dinner-flux-demo-wtq6459ev1rm60ch52vvx17k54.jpg.6ef123fde11aa7d748c2a67f6949cbf2.jpg

Image source: Flux demo.

Oh by the way we were done moving I was done with microwave food (but it was high up on our list!)

Not the best photo but I ended up making the sheet pan meal (chicken, potatoes and onions only, basic as can be!)

And thank you! It's nice to finally be moved in and have space!

20240805_192108.jpg.f625c34b4695542e6fce35324e8bdd0b.jpg

• Like 8

On 8/5/2024 at 12:46 PM, katakatica said:

What would you cook after moving?

As a person, who moved this April, I would start with a glass of good wine 😆

Then some French fries, and a steak.

dec4c033f8de09ab18b274cb359ecc9f.gif.b860a4b3624fa6c163ac40d72a757774.gif

On 8/5/2024 at 12:46 PM, katakatica said:

three days of non-stop work

I remember my thoughts. Like, you have a car, several suitcases and boxes. Just 1-2 rides and it's done!

When I returned to my old home for the 8th time, I realized that I needed to get rid of many unnecessary things 😁

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

As a person, who moved this April, I would start with a glass of good wine 😆

Then some French fries, and a steak.

dec4c033f8de09ab18b274cb359ecc9f.gif.b860a4b3624fa6c163ac40d72a757774.gif

I remember my thoughts. Like, you have a car, several suitcases and boxes. Just 1-2 rides and it's done!

When I returned to my old home for the 8th time, I realized that I needed to get rid of many unnecessary things 😁

We did steak and fries on the night before moving :D (with pepper sauce, of course!) Took Friday off to handle last-minute errands (e.g. replace my broken laptop that couldn't die two days later haha) but even then it just felt sooo long. 

I ended up tossing a lot of stuff as well :D we hired a van but the idea was to declutter before (....we managed to some extent) but a lot ended up being done in the new place, too :D 

I think we had like... 36 boxes and 5-7 large bags? It's insane to think about (though the majority of the boxes were filled with board games, books and the like :D)

• Like 6