Buyer left 1 star review bcz order was auto completed

abdulrehmanlhr

Question

Hey Fiverr Community,

I had a situation where a buyer promised a $100 tip for perfect work and said let's start with $100. I sent him $100 offer and then worked hard for 1 week & I delivered the order, but then the buyer went silent for three days. Despite my follow-ups, the order auto-completed, and the buyer left a 1-star review.

This is my first 1-star review, and it feels unfair since the buyer was not responsive, i kept texting him if need anything else but no response for whole 3 days. I haven't contacted Customer Support yet. Should I reach out to them to request a review removal due to the buyer's lack of communication? Would they consider removing it?

Looking forward to your advice!

Thanks,  

• Up 1

13 answers to this question

7 hours ago, abdulrehmanlhr said:

Should I reach out to them to request a review removal due to the buyer's lack of communication? Would they consider removing it?

Hi there. 

I understand your feeling. For me, I have an headache even for 4 stars rating. I see your version, and I saw also the buyer's review which is quite 2 different stories from yours. Ayway, there is nothing you can do. No need to contact CS to remove the review because the buyer has already accepted the order and you have already got paid. Accept it and move on.

image.png.dea3ad566431397b325b03ca4af200d7.png

• Like 3
  • Up 2

9 hours ago, abdulrehmanlhr said:

i kept texting him if need anything else but no response for whole 3 days.

And the most important part: Did you leave a message in the buyer's inbox (after the order completion) to explain how the order-completion works? Sometimes buyers are unaware and think it was "you" who completed the order, so it's important to explain that it was an automation by Fiverr to complete orders after 3 days of inactivity.

In case of order completions, you should always leave a message in the buyer's inbox explaining the situation. Assure them that if any changes are needed, you're open to them and would love to discuss further. It's not the end, and you can still work on things. In this case, the buyer will communicate with you first, instead of directly giving you a 1-star review.

This is what I have added to my Quick Response to send to buyers in the inbox:

image.png.c2bad24c1b9fb24b89721d2285ddb03a.png

• Like 3
  • Up 2

7 minutes ago, abdulrehmanlhr said:

haha

I used a funny meme to make people laugh.

A tip from me: it is better not to accept an order if you are unsure that you can deliver what is asked of you. A bad review will hurt your account much more than accepting the order to get the money.

Edited by filipdevaere
  • Up 4

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

I used a funny meme to make people laugh.

A tip from me: it is better not to accept an order if you are unsure that you can deliver what is asked of you. A bad review will hurt your account much more than accepting the order to get the money.

Yes, no problem, I understand. I've completed over 1100 orders and never received a 1-star review—my overall rating is 5/5. However, if a buyer isn't responding, there's nothing I can do. Please check out the screenshot above where I messaged the buyer for a response both before and after delivering the order.

Edited by abdulrehmanlhr

5 minutes ago, abdulrehmanlhr said:

Yes, no problem, I understand. I've completed over 1100 orders and never received a 1-star review—my overall rating is 5/5. However, if a buyer isn't responding, there's nothing I can do. Please check out the screenshot above where I messaged the buyer for a response both before and after delivering the order.

I get it.

Unfortunately, your 1K+ orders won't help you much if you get a bad review.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, abdulrehmanlhr said:

However, if a buyer isn't responding, there's nothing I can do.

Do you mean, about the auto-completed order? Or didn't you receive all details and requirements you needed for the project?

I delivered the order but auto completed, now buyer assuming I had completed the order myself, left a 1-star review. They did not realize that the auto-completion happened due to their lack of response, not because I had finished the order. Even after the auto-completion, I reached out to inform the buyer that I was still available to make any further adjustments, but received no reply. Our chat history will show their initial satisfaction and the lack of subsequent communication.

1 hour ago, rawque_gulia said:

And the most important part: Did you leave a message in the buyer's inbox (after the order completion) to explain how the order-completion works? Sometimes buyers are unaware and think it was "you" who completed the order, so it's important to explain that it was an automation by Fiverr to complete orders after 3 days of inactivity.

In case of order completions, you should always leave a message in the buyer's inbox explaining the situation. Assure them that if any changes are needed, you're open to them and would love to discuss further. It's not the end, and you can still work on things. In this case, the buyer will communicate with you first, instead of directly giving you a 1-star review.

This is what I have added to my Quick Response to send to buyers in the inbox:

image.png.c2bad24c1b9fb24b89721d2285ddb03a.png

image.jpeg.66e5adc4552e7f1e749e4cba945ff56c.jpeg

You can still give a public reply to the review they gave giving your side of the story. eg. if you sent both versions of a book then you could write that in your response so future buyers know. You could write in the response that the order auto-completed as Fiverr does that if the buyer does nothing on the order page for 3 days after a delivery. If he wants changes you could ask what changes he wants doing and to which (ebook or paperback).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1