Attachment with Work Delivery

navid_zafar

Question

14 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, navid_zafar said:

Hi All,

Is it compulsory to add an attachment while delivering a work order?
What if there is no attachment needed for my type of services, such as a consultation call or a review of something?

Thank you!

You need to deliver something. 

An empty delivery will be detected and can result in a warning.

Just write a small text and deliver the text. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Up 5

1 hour ago, navid_zafar said:

What if there is no attachment needed for my type of services, such as a consultation call or a review of something?

A screenshot taken during the conversation? Or anything tangible related to that, a recording of you reviewing/analyzing that, etc. As Filip said, you have to deliver SOMETHING.

• Like 3
  • Up 5

4 hours ago, navid_zafar said:

However, just curious—if an attachment is mandatory, why does Fiverr allow us to deliver work without one?

I guess it was too expensive to add a system that tracks what was sent, and it's easier to just send a reminder that you need to attach something. Which is what they do, they tell you that the delivery needs to have an attachment. I think that might be a third party plugin, and not something made internally by Fiverr, that would make sense to me. Regardless, you need to attach something.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, navid_zafar said:

if an attachment is mandatory, why does Fiverr allow us to deliver work without one?

I thought it stopped letting people send nothing (ie. that the screen would say something has to be attached) but if it does allow it still, then this could be a reason:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010639437-Delivering-an-order

Troubleshoot file attachments or technical errors

If the file you'd like to deliver is too big, or you experience technical limitations, you may use alternative methods to send a file (e.g., a dropbox link).

For any additional issues, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team.

So if the file was so big it kept failing when uploading to Fiverr - then they'd let you use dropbox or something similar instead.

Though I think it's still safest to attach something too. eg. you could upload a higher res video in dropbox and a lower res one in Fiverr (eg. if the high res one failed/was too big for Fiverr). That's just an example though.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I guess it was too expensive to add a system that tracks what was sent, and it's easier to just send a reminder that you need to attach something.

They track the file size of what was attached in deliveries and use that for their "suspicious purchases" detection (or did in their youtube video about that).

They said in that video (translated):

...in this example we look at a feature that checks the size of the boxes [I assume it means attachments] that the seller sends to the buyer.
That is, if I now ordered a logo, then in the end I will get a box [attachment/delivery probably] with a certain logo.
So if I think for a second logically, I will come to the conclusion that, wait, if I'm just checking the order,
I'm just doing the order to get a rating, I have nothing to send, and I'll probably send a blank box [eg. attachment] in general, or something with a sentence.
So my outliers won't come from the honest.

So they're looking at the file sizes of attachments in deliveries and checking for outliers (eg. if there's no attachment or it's only a few KB when most people in that subcategory send about 50 MB files then they'd probably think that delivery was a suspicious purchase - or at least it's one feature that would indicate that. They'll check other things too. Maybe they could check the text in the delivery box and if it has a dropbox link maybe that could reduce the chance that it will be flagged as a suspicious purchase if the attachment size is an outlier, eg. none/very small).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

Don't you want proof that you actually worked? Take a screenshot during your consultation, write something describing your work, and deliver it. Your attachment (PDF) may show as a picture in your GIG gallery. It's useful to attract clients. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

You can copy your feedback in the delivery text box into a File. And then add the file to the delivery. 

Got it.
However, just curious—if an attachment is mandatory, why does Fiverr allow us to deliver work without one?

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

(eg. if there's no attachment or it's only a few KB when most people in that subcategory send about 50 MB files then they'd probably think that delivery was a suspicious purchase

It doesn't really make sense because you can easily compress stuff or the other way around, it can be uncompressed and in a category where you have 15 kb files it's possible to add a bunch of images in a document so it can have 10 MB or 20MB, maybe more. So it does make sense for some categories like programming, but even there, maybe the task was simpler. Not that it matters to me, I never had issues, but I do think that if you provide a service, you should have some proof of work, even if it's consulting. Not a recording of the call, but at least a few images from  the call, etc. Otherwise how can you prove you actually offered the service..

• Like 2
  • Up 1