Having trouble staying online on Fiverr, even with frequent reloads

misty_rasheda

Question

Hi everyone,

I spend a significant amount of time online and find myself reloading the page every 3-4 minutes to stay connected. I'm not using any third-party apps or tools to automate this process; I'm doing it manually. Despite these frequent reloads, my account seems to be getting filtered out when I search for it online.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm wondering if there could be something wrong with my account settings, or if it might be a broader network issue. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 5

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, misty_rasheda said:

Hi everyone,

I spend a significant amount of time online and find myself reloading the page every 3-4 minutes to stay connected. I'm not using any third-party apps or tools to automate this process; I'm doing it manually. Despite these frequent reloads, my account seems to be getting filtered out when I search for it online.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm wondering if there could be something wrong with my account settings, or if it might be a broader network issue. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nothing wrong with your account. The filters not showing you online is not abnormal. they take time to refresh sometimes.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, misty_rasheda said:

I spend a significant amount of time online and find myself reloading the page every 3-4 minutes to stay connected.

I understand your goal of staying online. But, it's not the best strategy. Buyers who need something in a hurry, and expect you to reply in an instant will use that filter. Unfortunately, some of those buyers are a bit difficult to deal with. And that might ruin your reputation and the way you work on their project. 

You are a level 2 sellers. You should focus more on the best strategy for a long term. But if you insist in using your strategy of staying online, here is one tip: if you use Fiverr mobile app, just keep it open.

• Like 4
  • Support 3

@misty_rasheda 

I have 8 screenshots of messages from different Fiverr Staff members like below. They keep repeating that staying online is pointless and is not a guarantee for success.

Please stop believing what you see on YouTube or what you have been taught by someone who does not know how Fiverr works.

image.png.4c386592fb11675a80726844f8e195a9.png

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Support 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, nionkhan2020 said:

@filipdevaere

I have a slightly different opinion here. to being engaged with the Fiverr community, staying active online on Fiverr can definitely increase the chances for new sellers. Many buyers specifically look for active new sellers online, and those who are short on time often use the "online active sellers" filter in their search. This filter is there for a reason that I understand, and there is also it's a way being online increases visibility to these buyers. Therefore, I believe there is a significant chance for new sellers who stay active online.

Keep dreaming.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/31/2024 at 4:54 AM, misty_rasheda said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your opinion 

On 7/31/2024 at 8:04 AM, michmikaia said:

I understand your goal of staying online. But, it's not the best strategy. Buyers who need something in a hurry, and expect you to reply in an instant will use that filter. Unfortunately, some of those buyers are a bit difficult to deal with. And that might ruin your reputation and the way you work on their project. 

You are a level 2 sellers. You should focus more on the best strategy for a long term. But if you insist in using your strategy of staying online, here is one tip: if you use Fiverr mobile app, just keep it open.

On 7/31/2024 at 8:18 AM, filipdevaere said:

@misty_rasheda 

I have 8 screenshots of messages from different Fiverr Staff members like below. They keep repeating that staying online is pointless and is not a guarantee for success.

Please stop believing what you see on YouTube or what you have been taught by someone who does not know how Fiverr works.

Helpful

On 7/31/2024 at 2:44 PM, nionkhan2020 said:

@filipdevaere

I have a slightly different opinion here. to being engaged with the Fiverr community, staying active online on Fiverr can definitely increase the chances for new sellers. Many buyers specifically look for active new sellers online, and those who are short on time often use the "online active sellers" filter in their search. This filter is there for a reason that I understand, and there is also it's a way being online increases visibility to these buyers. Therefore, I believe there is a significant chance for new sellers who stay active online.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

@misty_rasheda 

@filipdevaere

• Confused 2