How can you promote your gig effectively using the promoted gig option?

saadatique

Question

I have been utilizing the promoted gig option for the past two years, and it was particularly effective last year. However, despite investing $150 monthly, I have not received any orders for the past three months. My promoted gigs are currently generating very few orders. I would greatly appreciate any advice or strategies that could help improve this situation. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

• Like 5

11 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, saadatique said:

However, despite investing $150 monthly, I have not received any orders for the past three months.

you were charged 150$/monthly from promoted gigs, still didn't received any msg from valid clients?

• Like 3

On 7/28/2024 at 10:04 PM, saadatique said:

However, despite investing $150 monthly, I have not received any orders for the past three months. 

Why are you lying about it? I can clearly see that you have got 5 reviews within 1 week even via promoted gigs? You should be grateful that you are getting orders these days as other sellers are still struggling to get their orders. Also, if you think Promoted Gig is not working well for you then why don't you turn it off? 

Secondly, you have 1* review which you got 1 month ago and 1 cancelled order with 1* review: These are the reasons that your gigs are not performing well (might be). Try to improve your services (saying this after checking several reviews).

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Just now, filipdevaere said:

It seems to me that @smartdezigns is right. 

One 1-star review can do a lot of damage. You received two 1-star reviews. So that can hurt your business. For sure if they are combined with a bad private review. 

True that, I am working on improving that. But the question is, what is the best strategy for the promoted gig option? What is the best way to get a good return on your investment? I am getting good orders through organic search, but the issue is with the promoted gig. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, saadatique said:

Yes sir. 

if thats true how you aren’t receive any order?

i think you are lacking on commucation skills, you aren’t able to convert your messages to real sales. promoted gigs feature doesn’t ensure you sales, you have to get your sale through your commucation.

there can be another reason why your gig isn’t performing as expected.

Edited by akib0079
fixed my typo
  • Like 2

Just now, akib0079 said:

if thats true how you aren’t receive any order?

you lacking on commucation skill, i think you aren’t able to convert your messages to real sales. promoted gigs feature doesn’t ensure you sales, you have to get your sale through your commucation.

I am getting orders via organic traffic, but not getting any orders via promoted gig. True, I do get some messages too, but they never reply back. I will work on my communication skills, too. Thank you for the advice!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, saadatique said:

I do get some messages too, but they never reply back.

if promoted gig feature charging you this much, you really should reduce your rate per click and everydays budget to a minimum

• Like 2

Just now, akib0079 said:

if promoted gig feature charging you this much, you really should reduce your rate per click and everydays budget to a minimum

Yeah, I set the daily budget on $5 and CPC is on automatic. Getting good clicks, but not getting the desired results. 

• Like 2

What I've noticed (which reflects what the others have said) is that the second I'd get a worse review - or just a potentially negative private review, my ads would bring in less as well. It's just how it works - there isn't more to it, though some months are better ad wise than others. Even if you're paying for a feature, whether you shoe up or not will be influenced by how you're doing. Furthermore - I can see you have a lot of reviews, but even then, clients might still get concerned if they see any negative ones that are reasonably recent. It's just how it is. 

• Like 5

Just now, katakatica said:

What I've noticed (which reflects what the others have said) is that the second I'd get a worse review - or just a potentially negative private review, my ads would bring in less as well. It's just how it works - there isn't more to it, though some months are better ad wise than others. Even if you're paying for a feature, whether you shoe up or not will be influenced by how you're doing. Furthermore - I can see you have a lot of reviews, but even then, clients might still get concerned if they see any negative ones that are reasonably recent. It's just how it is. 

That's true. I am trying my best to improve my services. And I guess I should stop the promoted gig option for a while and just focus on my existing clients?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1