Urgent: Excessive Revisions and Cancellation Threats by Buyer

Working with a buyer since June 15, they've made multiple revisions beyond the approved one, threatening to cancel if I object. How can I ensure payment without them canceling and gaining control?

Attached is the screenshot of the order 

• Like 3

I don't see any attachments

4 minutes ago, adefmade said:

threatening to cancel if I object

If I was in your shoes, I would have canceled the order right there. Please remember that respect should always be given to both sides of the screen, and if this buyer wants to behave this way, then you don't have to sit there and accept this.

6 minutes ago, adefmade said:

How can I ensure payment without them canceling and gaining control

It's better to let this one go then to gain money over a draining project and a poor behaving customer. Ofcourse, you will not always have fun clients, but you don't have to accept everything.

7 minutes ago, adefmade said:

they've made multiple revisions beyond the approved one

It's simple, you clearly state the amount of revisions before a project, and he is forcing you in doing more. I'm not sure if I am right with the following, but you can use the Resolution Center for this (in your order menu) you are in your rights and I think Fiverr would agree. That might help in keeping the money or part of it for the work you have done. It will probably result in a bad review if he is allowed to leave one. But you can explain yourself below that review

I had a great client for 5 orders, and this person turned into a ***hole with the 6th order. Not responding, unclear communication, not allowing extention of delivery (because he was not responding) after that I went to the resolution center and got that order cancelled. Sadly I could not leave a bad review about this buyer. (After a month he had a really bad review from another seller with the same issue's, poor him wish I could have warned him) 

After that experience, I stopped taking all bull**** and set clear rules. Hope your issue get's resolved and this message helped you a bit. good luck!

• Like 3
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, adefmade said:

How can I ensure payment without them canceling and gaining control?

You can't. Fiverr will refund the client if they say they did not receive what they ordered, they can't force people to accept something they disliked. And it can be for an older order too. I had someone that asked for a refund even if their order was made around 5-6 months earlier.

Also, if you had a delivery and the order was canceled, the buyer can also leave you a review as well. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to express my gratitude to everyone who offered advice on how to handle my demanding buyer. A special thank you to @aleena_animator, whose guidance I followed and am thrilled to report that the buyer has finally approved my work after a two-month wait. I appreciate your support and expertise!

• Like 2