Hello everyone, how comes I had been deducted more than 500Euro after the Card safety verification? Could you please tell me how can I get the money back?

joyzhanghh

Question

8 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, joyzhanghh said:

Hello everyone, how comes I had been deducted more than 500Euro after the Card safety verification? Could you please tell me how can I get the money back?

Sorry to hear about your experience.

The card verification request was a scam and was not affiliated with Fiverr. That email you received was fake and not from the official Fiverr email address. Also, Fiverr customer support usually doesn't help in these matters, as the payment you made was not through the official Fiverr platform and was instead directed to a scammer.

The best thing you can do is reach out to your credit card provider or bank and report the fraudulent transaction. They may be able to help you with a chargeback or reversing the transaction. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 8
  • Support 1

13 hours ago, joyzhanghh said:

I am still contact my bank, unfortunately, the money maybe can't back

I am not sure how things work in your country, but getting chargebacks on fraudulent transactions is not a very big task here. In India, when we dispute a transaction, the bank will contact the merchant (who received the payment) and ask for documents to validate the payment. If there is no response (or not enough proof), the payment will be reversed.

Since we know the person was a scammer, they obviously won’t reply to the bank’s query, and in that case, the transaction will be reversed.

People usually lose hope (even at the start) and end up not putting much effort into it. I know 500 euros is a significant amount, so go ahead and file a written case at your police station (or whatever your law supports), and send a written complaint to the bank as well. Also, make sure to attach the police report to make your case strong (and so that the bank takes your request seriously). Also, keep your complaints in writing and approach the bank manager (and not verbally with a typical small bank employee).

• Like 3
  • Support 1

1 minute ago, rawque_gulia said:

Sorry to hear about your experience.

The card verification request was a scam and was not affiliated with Fiverr. That email you received was fake and not from the official Fiverr email address. Also, Fiverr customer support usually doesn't help in these matters, as the payment you made was not through the official Fiverr platform and was instead directed to a scammer.

The best thing you can do is reach out to your credit card provider or bank and report the fraudulent transaction. They may be able to help you with a chargeback or reversing the transaction. Good luck!

Thank you so much, I just new here and did't get that, I thought it was the official news, It's really a bad news, thank you so much for your answer, I will try my best to chargeback my money. Thank you again!!!

• Like 3
  • Support 1

You could still report the message to Fiverr (so Fiverr know and just in case they can help and so other people won't get scammed by them).

You could also report it to you bank so they know (in case they try to re-use the card number / so the bank can monitor transactions or re-issue a card if necessary).

• Like 7
  • Support 1

2 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

You could still report the message to Fiverr (so Fiverr know and just in case they can help and so other people won't get scammed by them).

You could also report it to you bank so they know (in case they try to re-use the card number / so the bank can monitor transactions or re-issue a card if necessary).

Thank you so much, I have done the both method for now, and the just contact me, I am still contact my bank, unfortunately, the money maybe can't backimage.png.f82b37b137a3163e1c63452fd54395c6.png

• Like 1
  • Up 2

9 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

I am not sure how things work in your country, but getting chargebacks on fraudulent transactions is not a very big task here. In India, when we dispute a transaction, the bank will contact the merchant (who received the payment) and ask for documents to validate the payment. If there is no response (or not enough proof), the payment will be reversed.

Since we know the person was a scammer, they obviously won’t reply to the bank’s query, and in that case, the transaction will be reversed.

People usually lose hope (even at the start) and end up not putting much effort into it. I know 500 euros is a significant amount, so go ahead and file a written case at your police station (or whatever your law supports), and send a written complaint to the bank as well. Also, make sure to attach the police report to make your case strong (and so that the bank takes your request seriously). Also, keep your complaints in writing and approach the bank manager (and not verbally with a typical small bank employee).

Dear, I greatly appreciate your kind assistance. The other party is a game company account, and the payment has already been processed. My bank informed me that they cannot intercept the transaction. Reporting to the police is even more cumbersome. Right now, I need the transaction statement, but the bank has not been able to provide it yet. I am almost ready to give up. Whatever, thank you so much

• Like 1
  • Sad 3