Is this scam?

huimin_goh

Question

I'm a newcomer, and I've been receiving messages requesting my Gmail or asking me to click on a link to view an order. However, I haven't seen any updates on my dashboard. Is it normal to receive these types of messages frequently? and does it will affect my response rate if I didn't response?

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 5

19 answers to this question

Hello @huimin_goh 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

It has happened to me many times. It's completely against Fiverr's terms and conditions and policies to share email or phone numbers for payment purposes.  Fiverr suspended the level 1 account of one of my students due to sharing an email with the client for payment purposes.  A few hours ago I got the same message. It's just a scam. They've same website like fiverr. Stay away and keep safe.

Screenshot 2024-07-25 080757.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 080833.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 081037.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, huimin_goh said:

and does it will affect my response rate if I didn't response?

Yes, unfortunately, it affects your response rate. You can just respond with a one-word reply, wait for 2-3 seconds and then report+block the sender. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/25/2024 at 9:15 AM, pure_creatives said:

It has happened to me many times. It's completely against Fiverr's terms and conditions and policies to share email or phone numbers for payment purposes.  Fiverr suspended the level 1 account of one of my students due to sharing an email with the client for payment purposes.  A few hours ago I got the same message. It's just a scam. They've same website like fiverr. Stay away and keep safe.

Same message appears to me

• Like 3

On 7/25/2024 at 7:36 AM, huimin_goh said:

I'm a newcomer, and I've been receiving messages requesting my Gmail or asking me to click on a link to view an order. However, I haven't seen any updates on my dashboard. Is it normal to receive these types of messages frequently? and does it will affect my response rate if I didn't response?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Its scam. Avoid this type of message. Report and block them 

• Like 3

On 7/25/2024 at 10:15 AM, pure_creatives said:

I also got scammed like this twice. Always be careful.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2024 at 7:36 AM, huimin_goh said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Yes, this is a scam, please avoid this.