Suggestion: Add Message Editing and Deletion Feature in Fiverr App for Better Communication

Hey Fiverr Team,

I hope you're doing well. I wanted to suggest a feature that I believe would greatly benefit both sellers and buyers on the platform.

Currently, there is no option to delete or edit messages once they are sent. This can be quite frustrating, especially when mistakes are made in communication. These mistakes can lead to misunderstandings and misleading information, which negatively impacts the overall experience for both parties.

Introducing a feature that allows users to delete or edit their messages before the recipient sees them would be incredibly helpful. It would reduce confusion, improve the clarity of communication, and enhance the professionalism of interactions on Fiverr.

I believe many sellers and buyers would appreciate this update, as it would contribute to a smoother and more efficient workflow. Thank you for considering this suggestion, and I look forward to seeing it implemented in future updates.

Best regards,

Shela.

• Like 1

Nopes, that would lead to manipulation. We all need to be precise and aware of what we are communicating.

PS We cannot edit or delete our workplace emails either. So may be we should treat our texts on Fiverr same way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shela_solutions said:

Hey Fiverr Team,

I hope you're doing well. I wanted to suggest a feature that I believe would greatly benefit both sellers and buyers on the platform.

Don't like this idea. Also, Fiverr won't like this feature. Because if they launch this feature (which I know, they never will), then every other seller or buyer will start providing their personal contact details and then they will work off the platform. 

Also, what's the problem with the current platform? Do you want to break the rules i.e. want to share the personal contact and then take your projects outside the platform? That's why you are suggesting this?

5 hours ago, shela_solutions said:

Currently, there is no option to delete or edit messages once they are sent. This can be quite frustrating, especially when mistakes are made in communication. These mistakes can lead to misunderstandings and misleading information, which negatively impacts the overall experience for both parties.

Here, I think you need to work on improving your communication skills if nothing is working for you. 

• Like 1
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

That's why you are suggesting this?

Alot of people are bad at typing through their phones. I have experienced this with multiple buyers - they send 20 texts without punctuation and with multiple typos.

And fiverr app's messaging interface isn't the most optimized one - so people might want the ability to edit sent texts like whatsapp or Instagram. 

But it makes the entire process prone to manipulation and would mean Fiverr (team or their AI) will have to check each and every edited text. So they would never implement anything like this, which is the right choice. 

• Like 1

If the there was an option to see the edit history then allowing edits should be okay I think.

Fiverr would have all edit histories stored too so they could check for any rule breaking.

It would save having to post a new message with corrections/clarifications. It could allow edits within a certain amount of time (eg. 5 or 10 mins). You could also post a reason for the edit/deletion, like in the forum (maybe it could force users to).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Up 2

42 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

And fiverr app's messaging interface isn't the most optimized one - so people might want the ability to edit sent texts like whatsapp or Instagram.

Actually they should understand the difference between social media platforms and Fiverr. 

43 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

But it makes the entire process prone to manipulation and would mean Fiverr (team or their AI) will have to check each and every edited text. So they would never implement anything like this, which is the right choice. 

Yeah that's what I said "Fiverr will never launch that feature ever" because that way, every other user will start sharing the personal details and then edit the message and then bye bye (will take everything off the platform).. 

• Like 1

If the option was for the message to be editable as long as the other user did not read it, I could see it working. Fiverr has the information if an account has opened a message or not, but I don't know how easy that would be to implement. Could come in handy to fix typos and mistakes, sometimes they do happen. Not a big deal and not a priority though, it's just a matter of sending a message right after the mistake, clarifying.

• Like 2
  • Up 2

Even a 5mins timeframe for modifications would be beneficial, specially when you're trying to answer a new message right before bed and your brain is not braining well at typing.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

12 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Alot of people are bad at typing through their phones

That would be me waking up and grabbing my phone first thing in the morning so my precious response time badge thingy doesn't go away. Other platforms have the option, and I would think if there were a problem with manipulation that wouldn't be the case.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

11 hours ago, visualstudios said:

If the option was for the message to be editable as long as the other user did not read it, I could see it working. Fiverr has the information if an account has opened a message or not

The tricky part with this is short messages can be seen on push notifications, using the Fiverr app, without marking the message as seen/read.

The concerns around rule breaking and manipulation are easily addressed if Fiverr can see a full audit trail with deleted messages and all versions of edited messages.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, mandyzines said:

That would be me waking up and grabbing my phone first thing in the morning so my precious response time badge thingy doesn't go away.

Hahahahah.. I have done it too a few times. So now I have the self-imposed rule of not replying to any text till I have finished my coffee. 

During my initial days on Fiverr, I was down with Covid (2021) and had running orders. Alot of mental fog led me to send a paragraph-long reply to a buyer with multiple typos at 3-4am!! 🙈

• Like 2