I want to sell my services to clients by approaching them first but I don't know how to do it

audirahmantio

Question

Hi Fiverr Community,

I am Audi Rahmantio from Indonesia. I am newbie as freelance in Fiverr. I am offering service to write SEO Articles & Blogs in my gig.

I want to approach clients and introduce my gig to them in Fiverr. I watched videos from other Fiverr freelancers, they said use Buyer Request features.

However, I cannot find this features either as buyer or seller.

Could you help me how I can approach clients in Fiverr? Or, do you have better tips for me to get first job in Fiverr?

Your answer is really helpful for me to grow as Fiverr freelancer.

Thank you for your attention.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, audirahmantio said:

I want to approach clients and introduce my gig to them in Fiverr. I watched videos from other Fiverr freelancers, they said use Buyer Request features.

It's because Buyer Request feature is no more on Fiverr. It's long gone now. We have "Get Briefs" feature now. On Fiverr, buyer will come to you for work.. you don't have to run after the buyers. 

So I'll encourage you to explore the topics on the Forum so that you can get more knowledge about Fiverr.

Secondly, avoid watching videos of other freelancers because they usually discuss useless topics/stuff which are not relevant to Fiverr. 

Better to seek knowledge via Fiverr's Articles. 

• Like 3

Thank you for your response.

I am looking for "Get Briefs" features, where I can find it?

So, in Fiverr, we don't need to apply for the freelance job but buyer will come to us for work. However, as newbie, I see so many freelancers around the world who have experience and offering better gig than me. So, how I can get my first job in Fiverr without job? Is there any ways for first timer like me to attract clients?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, audirahmantio said:

I am looking for "Get Briefs" features, where I can find it?

Hi there.

Fiverr will send you the project description (brief) from a project owners if your skills match that brief. It is not like the other freelance platform.

Turn "get brief" on. And set your price.

Screenshot_20240718_071823.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, audirahmantio said:

Okay, so I just wait from Fiverr to send project description or direct message from buyer for getting freelance job?

If you want to rely on "get brief" you have to wait for it.

I don't know if you have access to gig promotion (go to Growth & Marketing/ Promoted gigs). If so, you can use it if yo want. Apart from that, what you can do is to make your gig more attractive as possible so that buyers will have a look at it. I know it's challenging in your niche as there are more than 21k sellers who offer services about writing SEO, but in final you have to do that too. You can use your SEO skills to improve your profile and gigs too.

As you're new here, I think, it's worth to take a look and learn from this Fiverr course; in order for you to understand how Fiverr works. Besides, there are tips of improving your gigs and profile. 👇

https://learn.fiverr.com/courses/online-freelancing-essentials-be-a-successful-fiverr-seller

Good luck.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 3

You can't reach out to buyers directly on Fiverr.

But there are other ways you can do this.

Social Media (I have used this method myself) / Contact owners of medium to large blogs with a few samples of your work that might be looking to outsource their writing work.

Honestly though, I would suggest that you start a small website of your own (you know what to do with this) if you have the budget for it.

Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Up 1

So, personal branding in social media like LinkedIn is very important to get clients in Fiverr?

Can you share your experience when you get your first client? How long did you get first job in Fiverr after creating your gig?

• Like 1