Gig not found in search despite of showing "active" status

Hi Fiverr community!

I have a problem with my gig not appearing in search despite of showing "active" status.
It always did show up in the past when using keywords such as "videographer" or "videographer in London", which is basically name of the gig. It's not about the position in the search, my gig won't show up among other videographers at all when I tried to search it using the mentioned keywords - and it always did before. This issue happened before and guys from Fiverr were able to help me by refreshing the gig, now when contacting them several times, no-one was able to help me 😞

Is there anything that can be done with it?

Link to the gig: https://www.fiverr.com/s/dDN503g

Many thanks!
Pavol

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

On 7/10/2024 at 7:17 AM, pavoldaskofilms said:

I have a problem with my gig not appearing in search despite of showing "active" status.
It always did show up in the past when using keywords such as "videographer" or "videographer in London", which is basically name of the gig. It's not about the position in the search, my gig won't show up among other videographers at all when I tried to search it using the mentioned keywords - and it always did before. This issue happened before and guys from Fiverr were able to help me by refreshing the gig, now when contacting them several times, no-one was able to help me 😞

Is there anything that can be done with it?

Dear fellow, very same is happening with me also.

I also got confused why is this happening. However, there is no tremendous difference in my ranking even after joining seller plus program. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, nionkhan2020 said:

Be patience! Sometimes it happens with me too.
May be it's Fiverr's algorithm, they keep reserve sellers impression in different time slot, so that other sellers can get chance too or you need more marketing.

Hi!

It's been like this since early May. It doesn't look getting any better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pavoldaskofilms said:

Yes, they're getting some.

It doesn't seem at all like you have low ratings, poor performance metrics, or negative feedback. Yet, you aren't showing up at all for me when I try your search terms or variations of it, and there are only 70-something results shown total. You have your gig in the correct "Filmed Video Production" category that only has 331 results, and you are nowhere to be found there, either. So, I'm especially confused by this.

How many impressions has that gig had over the past 30 days?

No one answered your inquiry as to whether a m0d here can help you or not. They can't and would just direct you to Customer Support.

What did they tell you?

Edited by mandyzines

1 hour ago, mandyzines said:

It doesn't seem at all like you have low ratings, poor performance metrics, or negative feedback. Yet, you aren't showing up at all for me when I try your search terms or variations of it, and there are only 70-something results shown total. You have your gig in the correct "Filmed Video Production" category that only has 331 results, and you are nowhere to be found there, either. So, I'm especially confused by this.

How many impressions has that gig had over the past 30 days?

No one answered your inquiry as to whether a m0d here can help you or not. They can't and would just direct you to Customer Support.

What did they tell you?

Yes, you're totally correct, doesn't make much sense to me either. Almost no impressions at all - just a few since I listed this question.

I tried customer support multiple times - they always answered that my gig is live and they have no power to move my gig higher up the rank, even though I specifically mentioned what's the problem, always only the vague answers with no solution at all. That's why it concerns me, I have this gig up since like 3 years ago and worked hard to provide great services while recieving brilliant feedback and reviews. Now, if I create the same gig again, there will be no reviews, starting from scratch.

• Like 1

First of all, do not delete and create a new gig. It's just not worth it.

I tried searching for "videographer in London" since that seems to be the search term you're going after. I couldn't find your gig either.

But these are my findings that might help you solve this:

This is a seller that's very similar to you that actually shows up in search results: https://www.fiverr.com/flubberfish/be-your-videographer-for-a-day-in-london-or-the-uk

Take a look at his "tags". He has "London" in there. I looked at a few other gigs that came up as well, and they all had "London" in their tags. Except for 1 person which could be an anomaly (don't think about it much).

image.png.66d67a3957419d89d554b2ed6bb9fc1b.png

I'd suggest you try to use "videographer" and "London" in your tags and give it about a week to see if impressions go up. If not, come back and let us know, and we'll try to decipher this.

Sidenote: above is just my personal opinion/findings and not "official advice".

Good Luck!

Edited by creative_howl
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, pavoldaskofilms said:

Yes, you're totally correct, doesn't make much sense to me either. Almost no impressions at all - just a few since I listed this question.

I tried customer support multiple times - they always answered that my gig is live and they have no power to move my gig higher up the rank, even though I specifically mentioned what's the problem, always only the vague answers with no solution at all. That's why it concerns me, I have this gig up since like 3 years ago and worked hard to provide great services while recieving brilliant feedback and reviews. Now, if I create the same gig again, there will be no reviews, starting from scratch.

I'm not sure how it's though you could increase visibility in a search you don't even show up on at all. Unfortunately, you can't know what terms are bringing you traffic without the extended keyword features in Sellers Plus. What would be awesome is if CS could tell you.

I wish I had more answers for you. I've suspected that one of my gigs wasn't being indexed properly. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, creative_howl said:

First of all, do not delete and create a new gig. It's just not worth it.

I tried searching for "videographer in London" since that seems to be the search term you're going after. I couldn't find your gig either.

But these are my findings that might help you solve this:

This is a seller that's very similar to you that actually shows up in search results: https://www.fiverr.com/flubberfish/be-your-videographer-for-a-day-in-london-or-the-uk

Take a look at his "tags". He has "London" in there. I looked at a few other gigs that came up as well, and they all had "London" in their tags. Except for 1 person which could be an anomaly (don't think about it much).

image.png.66d67a3957419d89d554b2ed6bb9fc1b.png

I'd suggest you try to use "videographer" and "London" in your tags and give it about a week to see if impressions go up. If not, come back and let us know, and we'll try to decipher this.

Sidenote: above is just my personal opinion/findings and not "official advice".

Good Luck!

Hi,

Thank you for the idea. I've added "London" keyword in it. Personally, I don't think it will make a difference but it's definitely worth the shot! If this doesn't help though, do you think there's anything else that could be done? This gig brought me some business before and I'd love it to continue. Creating new gig won't help much I think - same as you suggested, I doubt that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pavoldaskofilms said:

Hi,

Thank you for the idea. I've added "London" keyword in it. Personally, I don't think it will make a difference but it's definitely worth the shot! If this doesn't help though, do you think there's anything else that could be done? This gig brought me some business before and I'd love it to continue. Creating new gig won't help much I think - same as you suggested, I doubt that.

Awesome!

Let's give it about 24 hours to be sure.

Come back and update the thread, so that we can brainstorm about what to try next.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

Update:

Here's another thing you can try out. I've noticed that the city was specified as "London" on most gigs that comes up for the search term "videographer in London"

This is your gig:

image.png.1d9472fd98941369249b285f64c93e26.png

This is what I found common in other gigs:

image.png.93677e87fdbfb9208f6124dd241c16ef.png

It might be worth trying out. Let us know how it goes.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, creative_howl said:

Update:

Here's another thing you can try out. I've noticed that the city was specified as "London" on most gigs that comes up for the search term "videographer in London"

This is your gig:

image.png.1d9472fd98941369249b285f64c93e26.png

This is what I found common in other gigs:

image.png.93677e87fdbfb9208f6124dd241c16ef.png

It might be worth trying out. Let us know how it goes.

Ok, I've changed that, thank you - unfortunately with no effect for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pavoldaskofilms said:

Ok, I've changed that, thank you - unfortunately with no effect for now.

I saw. and it's really strange that your gig is refusing to show up on search results. It's not even a competitive search term to begin with.

You mentioned that you contacted CS yes? I know it's really difficult sometimes to get a clear answer from them (talking with experience).

Did you try this? https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/gigs/gig-status

If it says "Your Gig is active and appears in search results." there's something obviously wrong here. 

You can DM me the message you sent to CS if you want. Perhaps we might be able to get them to actually check your gig by rewording the message. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, creative_howl said:

I saw. and it's really strange that your gig is refusing to show up on search results. It's not even a competitive search term to begin with.

You mentioned that you contacted CS yes? I know it's really difficult sometimes to get a clear answer from them (talking with experience).

Did you try this? https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/gigs/gig-status

If it says "Your Gig is active and appears in search results." there's something obviously wrong here. 

You can DM me the message you sent to CS if you want. Perhaps we might be able to get them to actually check your gig by rewording the message. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, I contacted them several times. They just replied that my gig and profile are active and alive and can’t help me because they’re not able to move the gig higher in the rank.

i’ve sent you my previous message to them.
I really appreciate that you’re trying to help me, thank you so much!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 9:10 PM, pavoldaskofilms said:

They just replied that my gig and profile are active and alive and can’t help me because they’re not able to move the gig higher in the rank.

But that's not what you are trying to do. Have you tried explaining that you can't move higher up on a list of results that you aren't even on to begin with, maybe even providing them with the 2-page result screenshots.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mandyzines said:

But that's not what you are trying to do. Have you tried explaining that you can't move higher up on a list of results that you aren't even on to begin with, maybe even providing them with the 2-page result screenshots.

That's a good idea, the only thing is that usually I don't get an answer from them which is to the point.