BE AWARE: New type of Scam on Fiverr

How it works:

- Scammers are creating new accounts;

- Scammers are joining the Pro Client to get credibility;

- Scammers pretend to be Pro, to apply scams;

Fiverr Select have much more credibility than the Pro Client Badge, all these badges should be given to buyers who Spent X amount on Fiverr.

Not be open to everyone apply on it.

A.png

B.png

C.png

D.png

E.png

F.png

Edited by mateusbl
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

You can always tell by their "projects", that they are a team etc. Usually one scammer, but the story will be more serious if he says it's more people involved. And of course, at the end, there is an attempt to drive you away from the Fiverr platform.

• Like 6
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, milos_siena said:

drive you away from the Fiverr platform.

@milos_siena Most of these users are new, so is something to pay attention. I would like that Fiverr fix this problem, for example Fiverr Select is a vetted badge.

One advice could be require ID verification for buyers get the Pro Badge or give it after the buyer spend some amount.

• Like 3
  • Up 2

I've been noticing Pro buyers with 0 feedback messaging me. I always thought it was strange. I thought they had to be established buyers before they could be Pro. 

Edited by russflex
  • Up 3

I always remind them TOS of not sharing any personal contact details whenever they (spammers/scammers) ask me.

Usually I report & block them after first response like "All communications will be on fiverr, you can share your requirements here" to not disturb my response rate.

• Like 1