Orders slowdown, because I took a 15-day break or is it (summer) July?

garrett2010

Question

Hello everyone from Italy,
I have never done much work on Fiverr, but lately I had a pace of 1 order every 10-15 days, and I thought I had gotten almost "in tune" with the platform. 

On the last order I had, to concentrate myself entirely on that work, I paused my gig for about 14 days, the longer pause I had on my gigs (other times was about 7 days, always to accomplish the current work). I think now that it was a mistake, reading the other posts. There are penalties using often the gig pause option? Also, it's July, a month (I think) where summer might slow down orders.

So, The fact of the matter is that I am not getting that order flow anymore, despite the 5-star reviews of my last few orders. What do you think is most responsible for this slowdown? The moment (July and the summer) or my relative long gig pauses? That's the question I'm asking myself most these summer days.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Sandro

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

8 minutes ago, garrett2010 said:

I paused my gig for about 14 days

When you pause a Gig, it loses its position in search results, So it takes time to climb back once you reactivate it. but i had paused all my gigs for about 2 months a while ago, when i am back, some took time to be visibles in search and get impressions and some gigs got there instantly. 

14 minutes ago, garrett2010 said:

it's July, a month (I think) where summer might slow down orders.

Yes, and i beilve many seller notice that. July can be a slower month due to summer vacations and holidays. I don't receive many orders in July either. but could be different in some categories!

Hang in there and give it some time. Best of luck!

• Like 1