Impressions significantly dropped since April

Hi! Has anyone noticed a significant drop to their impressions and gig performance since April? I used to receive 16k-20k impressions a month (for years!) and I'm now receiving 4k-5k impressions since April (and subsequently far fewer new enquiries than what I received before). I've chatted to other sellers who have also seen a similar drop in performance. My success score is 9 and hasn't changed since they introduced it, and I've basically only received 5 star reviews since then. I haven't changed anything about my gigs either. I'm wondering if something is up with Fiverr? 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/6/2024 at 1:17 PM, egaylord said:

I used to receive 16k-20k impressions a month (for years!) and I'm now receiving 4k-5k impressions since April

The same here, the only thing I changed in the gig was the Extra offers add-ons. And then a drop of 5x, same as you after April 🫠 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Same here. Busiest month ever in May but then June hit and everything stopped - even messages from prospective clients. This after years (with a couple of shorter slow downs) of fairly regular activity.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, johnparsons01 said:

This after years (with a couple of shorter slow downs) of fairly regular activity.

Yes, it is up and down. But this seems like a consistent and noticeable downward turn and I'm struggling to understand why other than "the recession". Do you use promoted gigs and has that made any impact? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, egaylord said:

Yes, it is up and down. But this seems like a consistent and noticeable downward turn and I'm struggling to understand why other than "the recession". Do you use promoted gigs and has that made any impact? 

Promoted gigs have not done anything at all. I understand a recession-caused slowdown to a degree - but not an overnight stop

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, johnparsons01 said:

Promoted gigs have not done anything at all. I understand a recession-caused slowdown to a degree - but not an overnight stop

Agreed. Another seller I know queried this with their success manager and they were told to market off the platform. Which makes no sense to me, but I didn't expect helpful advice to be honest 

• Like 3

I haven't been active on Fiverr long enough to notice a fluctuation in the amount of impressions. However. these past couple of days I do notice an increase in scam buyers trying to send you unrelated files or even fake Fiverr account validation documents.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, egaylord said:

Agreed. Another seller I know queried this with their success manager and they were told to market off the platform. Which makes no sense to me, but I didn't expect helpful advice to be honest 

Not the most helpful of advice. I have seen other threads where others who were told the same do exactly that and then work with the clients directly. They can offer a discount as they are not having to give up 20% or essentially make more. Some questioned why they would market off-platform to only then have to give  up this 20% as they did the marketing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, johnparsons01 said:

Not the most helpful of advice. I have seen other threads where others who were told the same do exactly that and then work with the clients directly. They can offer a discount as they are not having to give up 20% or essentially make more. Some questioned why they would market off-platform to only then have to give  up this 20% as they did the marketing.

Precisely my issue. What does the platform offer us if don't provide a market? I'd rather market off the platform and send people to my own website just like the sellers you mentioned. Meh. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, manuelhousen165 said:

I haven't been active on Fiverr long enough to notice a fluctuation in the amount of impressions. However. these past couple of days I do notice an increase in scam buyers trying to send you unrelated files or even fake Fiverr account validation documents.

I've noticed the same, along the lines of only having buyers buying or interested in my lowest paying basic tiers. I had a theory that all the higher paying quality buyers have moved to this new professions thing but I'm not even sure that's active yet. I just joined it now just in case, hoping it will help with something. 

• Like 1

Just now, egaylord said:

I've noticed the same, along the lines of only having buyers buying or interested in my lowest paying basic tiers. I had a theory that all the higher paying quality buyers have moved to this new professions thing but I'm not even sure that's active yet. I just joined it now just in case, hoping it will help with something. 

I hope that is not the case. Not everyone is able to join it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, johnparsons01 said:

I hope so too - I don't think it is live yet which is why it's only available to some buyers I think so they'll probably roll it out to everyone when it is? I'm not even really sure of what it is tbh

• Like 2

Hey! Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. My impressions dropped from around 18k to just 4k since April. I've been doing everything the same, keeping up my 5-star reviews and all, so it's been really frustrating. I even asked a few other sellers, and they’re seeing the same drop. I’m thinking it might be a change Fiverr made or some kind of glitch. I’ve been experimenting with my keywords and updating my gig images, but no improvement yet. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, johnparsons01 said:

I don't think "Professions" has actually rolled out yet, but it's a huge clue to me of Fiverr's future intentions and recent chaos.

It honestly seems to me like Fiverr is aiming to head in a more "Pro" directions over their "gig" model and they're only trying to keep their bessssst of the besssssst Sellers on board and let the others (even TRS) die off.
The "gig" revenue Fiverr earns is probably now small potatoes and little money compared to their larger "Pro" income.
The "Professions" offering (that Sellers have to apply for) sounds like they're trying to further segment "gig" Sellers.

When you add up the recent Fiverr's recent happenings like: 

• Decrease in impressions (literally like someone flipped a switch)
  • Reduction of quality inbox and inquiry quality
  • Sweeping changes to Seller ratings
  • Once-successful Sellers having to jump thru hoops to maintain their SS (without the criteria to meet)
  • Lack of gig promotion access for struggling Sellers to compete
  • Feast or Famine impression levels among Sellers

Things finally make a lot more sense to me when I see it this way. 

I think Fiverr is trying to go more corporate. 

Edited by suprmarketplace1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, suprmarketplace1 said:

I don't think "Professions" has actually rolled out yet, but it's a huge clue to me of Fiverr's future intentions and recent chaos.

It honestly seems to me like Fiverr is aiming to head in a more "Pro" directions over their "gig" model and they're only trying to keep their bessssst of the besssssst Sellers on board and let the others (even TRS) die off.
The "gig" revenue Fiverr earns is probably now small potatoes and little money compared to their larger "Pro" income.
The "Professions" offering (that Sellers have to apply for) sounds like they're trying to further segment "gig" Sellers.

When you add up the recent Fiverr's recent happenings like: 

• Decrease in impressions (literally like someone flipped a switch)
  • Reduction of quality inbox and inquiry quality
  • Sweeping changes to Seller ratings
  • Once-successful Sellers having to jump thru hoops to maintain their SS (without the criteria to meet)
  • Lack of gig promotion access for struggling Sellers to compete
  • Feast or Famine impression levels among Sellers

Things finally make a lot more sense to me when I see it this way. 

I'm not so sure. If this was the case then the marketplace would not be full of new and lower priced sellers - many promoted on page one of listings. I think most customers are still coming to the platform for one off and smaller gigs and may not need the Profession route. Who knows though - not a lot makes real sense any more

• Like 3

6 hours ago, suprmarketplace1 said:

6 hours ago, johnparsons01 said:

If this was the case then the marketplace would not be full of new and lower priced sellers - many promoted on page one of listings. I think most customers are still coming to the platform for one off and smaller gigs and may not need the Profession route.

I think both cases could be true... Either way, the platform has felt particularly out of control since the SS rollout to me personally. 

6 hours ago, suprmarketplace1 said:

Is the money they make from "Pro"s actually comparable to what they make from us normies? I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't and Professions is all just a big attempt to tap into a new market. 

• Like 2