Your earnings breakdown just got more comprehensive

Kesha

We are proud to announce the release of the highly anticipated update to the earnings page. Now, in addition to seeing the funds that are clearing soon, sellers will also be able to see how much in additional earnings they’ll have upon completion of ongoing orders. This update is designed to provide our users with a broader view of their future earnings, and will promote a more comprehensive view of your payments in real-time.

Here is a screenshot of the updated earnings page view:

future_earnings_active_orders.png.2432b4495e894553a1f897eea3cb7e41.png

• Like 19
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Kesha said:

We are proud to announce the release of the highly anticipated update to the earnings page. Now, in addition to seeing the funds that are clearing soon, sellers will also be able to see how much in additional earnings they’ll have upon completion of ongoing orders. This update is designed to provide our users with a broader view of their future earnings, and will promote a more comprehensive view of your payments in real-time.

Here is a screenshot of the updated earnings page view:

future_earnings_active_orders.png.2432b4495e894553a1f897eea3cb7e41.png

This is helpful.

• Like 8

@Kesha, please focus on the Fiverr gig promotion system because it counts fake clicks and takes the click amount, so it is not worthy of running ads. Fake click means that some of the freelancers do research by visiting their competitor gigs so they can improve their gigs, which is good practice, but it is not good for those who run ads, so please make an automation bot that will detect these kinds of clicks and help the system count real buyer clicks.

As a web developer, I have some ways to prevent these things, and if you want it soon, I'll publish the way by creating a topic with some improvement suggestions.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

45 minutes ago, developerlikhon said:

please focus on the Fiverr gig promotion system because it counts fake clicks and takes the click amount, so it is not worthy of running ads.

Question for you: Can you control FB or any other social media ads (campaigns) where you get unlimited clicks and then amount gets deducted? Or have you ever asked those social media platforms to control the fake clicks? I guess: No.

Fiverr Gig Promotion is similar to the other social media platforms where you have no control over fake clicks. 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

50 minutes ago, developerlikhon said:

Fake click means that some of the freelancers do research by visiting their competitor gigs so they can improve their gigs,

Those are clicks. Not fake clicks. You are agreeing to that risk by using Promoted Gigs. Google is the same, people can end up wasting your money by clicking on your ads.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

13 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Question for you: Can you control FB or any other social media ads (campaigns) where you get unlimited clicks and then amount gets deducted? Or have you ever asked those social media platforms to control the fake clicks? I guess: No.

Fiverr Gig Promotion is similar to the other social media platforms where you have no control over fake clicks. 

10 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Those are clicks. Not fake clicks. You are agreeing to that risk by using Promoted Gigs. Google is the same, people can end up wasting your money by clicking on your ads.

Please don't treat a marketplace as social media or a search engine because their business module and use case are different from Fiverr, so comparing social media and search engines with Fiverr doesn't make any sense.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, developerlikhon said:

Please don't treat a marketplace as social media or a search engine because their business module and use case are different from Fiverr, so comparing social media and search engines with Fiverr doesn't make any sense.

If you are not satisfied with the Promoted Gigs feature then stop using it. Because the thing which are requesting from Fiverr to do seems not possible.

Also, how do you know that those clicks which you are getting fake? May be your gigs have no ability to grab buyer's attention (possibility) and no one is taking interest in your services?. There are both pros and cons of Promoted Gigs so you need to accept it.

We are not comparing anything.. We are guiding you via examples.. 

• Like 5
  • Up 2

6 minutes ago, developerlikhon said:

And how will Fiverr differentiate between clicks coming from sellers and buyers??

Should IP address of every user be tagged and marked as 'buyer' and 'seller'??  Should a different Fiverr open on my system, when I search for a service??

• Like 6
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, smartdezigns said:

If you are not satisfied with the Promoted Gigs feature then stop using it

It is not about satisfaction; it is all about business. Also, if things are not good, people have the right to give their own feedback. After that, it depends on Fiverr whether they are taking it seriously or not.

5 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Because the thing which are requesting from Fiverr to do seems not possible.

It is possible.

6 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Also, how do you know that those clicks which you are getting fake? May be your gigs have no ability to grab buyer's attention (possibility) and no one is taking interest in your services?.

I was observing the behavior of clicks, impressions, and orders.

11 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

We are not comparing anything.. We are guiding you via examples.. 

I appreciate your examples, but do some research on things before giving examples to someone.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

And how will Fiverr differentiate between clicks coming from sellers and buyers??

Should IP address of every user be tagged and marked as 'buyer' and 'seller'??  Should a different Fiverr open on my system, when I search for a service??

@priyank_mod Good question. By using various methods, a system can define where the traffic comes from. For example, every website stores some user data, like their IP address. If we use the IP address and build a bot, we can prevent this traffic.

Now the question is: What is a bot? A bot is a programmed application that does assigned tasks. The Fiverr bot will be trained to check the user's IP address, and via that IP address, it will start matching the device's IP to the Fiverr accounts. When the bot finds the Fiverr account associated with the IP addresses, it will start checking to see if it is a seller or buyer. To define a seller or buyer, we have to use the database on Fiverr. In that way, it is possible to prevent seller traffic.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, developerlikhon said:

Because Fiverr is not a search engine? Right? Or is it? 

Obviously it is, it ranks profiles based on performance, and you can also pay to rank higher. Google, maybe? It's the same concept, optimized for the freelancing market. You might not agree to that, but it's blatantly obvious in my eyes and I am sure I am not alone.

You have people randomly clicking on ads on Google, just like you would on Fiverr. Regardless, there's no way for Fiverr to know a click is malicious or not, no AI or even a real person can know the intent of a person. Sure, if they click the ad 1000 times, obviously that sends a red flag and I am sure Fiverr has a system in place for that to avoid abuse, I am pretty sure they said that when they launched Promoted Gigs.

But as I said, this and seller plus are both optional. You don't have to use them, and honestly, I might stop promoted gigs because it's not like it brought me a lot of revenue. If anything, recent months have shown that it's better to close it and open after a while. But performance will differ, so experiment and try things yourself. 

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 4

It is not about satisfaction; it is all about business. Also, if things are not good, people have the right to give their own feedback. After that, it depends on Fiverr whether they are taking it seriously or not.

Well, I agree with @smartdezigns, you can use Promoted Gigs and if it's not worth it for you, stop it. Despite the fact you pay for promoting gigs, they still take into account your performance and other factors. You also have to realize that the higher you are located in search, the more spam and random inquiries will arise..because you have a prime spot and a lot of people see you.

I appreciate your examples, but do some research on things before giving examples to someone.

I am pretty sure people don't just take examples randomly and do their research before stating something. Promoted Gigs is not a product for everyone, it's designed to give you additional exposure. But if your success score is not great and the gig performance is not amazing, then there will be issues and the return won't be great. I don't see PG as anything other than an extra source of inquiries, sometimes order. I have return clients that I got via Promoted Gigs. But that's the exception, not the norm. As me and others said, test it out, change the amount spent daily, experiment and see what works. You can always stop promoting gigs, if it's a service you dislike. That's how business works, after all. Promoted Gigs and Seller Plus are optional, and they won't fit everyone. I know a lot of sellers think that Seller Plus in particular is guaranteeing more exposure and orders, which is obviously false because Fiverr clearly states what's offered on the Seller Plus page. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

@priyank_mod Good question. By using various methods, a system can define where the traffic comes from. For example, every website stores some user data, like their IP address. If we use the IP address and build a bot, we can prevent this traffic.

Now the question is: What is a bot? A bot is a programmed application that does assigned tasks. The Fiverr bot will be trained to check the user's IP address, and via that IP address, it will start matching the device's IP to the Fiverr accounts. When the bot finds the Fiverr account associated with the IP addresses, it will start checking to see if it is a seller or buyer. To define a seller or buyer, we have to use the database on Fiverr. In that way, it is possible to prevent seller traffic.

Too much work for something not-so-critical (from Fiverr's POV), and a lot of investment in backend required. And this would mean a lot of inconsistency in how a simple website shows up for different people. 

I won't even get into how it will work for people who buy as well as sell on the platform!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Because Fiverr is not a search engine? Right? Or is it? 

Obviously it is, it ranks profiles based on performance, and you can also pay to rank higher. Google, maybe? It's the same concept, optimized for the freelancing market. You might not agree to that, but it's blatantly obvious in my eyes and I am sure I am not alone.

You have people randomly clicking on ads on Google, just like you would on Fiverr. Regardless, there's no way for Fiverr to know a click is malicious or not, no AI or even a real person can know the intent of a person. Sure, if they click the ad 1000 times, obviously that sends a red flag and I am sure Fiverr has a system in place for that to avoid abuse, I am pretty sure they said that when they launched Promoted Gigs.

But as I said, this and seller plus are both optional. You don't have to use them, and honestly, I might stop promoted gigs because it's not like it brought me a lot of revenue. If anything, recent months have shown that it's better to close it and open after a while. But performance will differ, so experiment and try things yourself. 

First of all, thanks for your reply. No, Fiverr is not a search engine. It has search functionality, but that doesn't mean that it is a search engine. If you think it is a search engine, then Amazon, Alibaba, AliExpress, and other eCommerce platforms are also considered search engines, not eCommerce platforms.

And still, please don't compare a marketplace with these things that don't make sense. Rest up to you, because I can't have control over changing your mind until you understand things properly and change your mind.

29 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Well, I agree with @smartdezigns, you can use Promoted Gigs and if it's not worth it for you, stop it. Despite the fact you pay for promoting gigs, they still take into account your performance and other factors. You also have to realize that the higher you are located in search, the more spam and random inquiries will arise..because you have a prime spot and a lot of people see you.

I'm not using the promoted gig option because my gig is already positioned in a better place. However, I see a lot of posts in the Fiverr Bangladeshi community related to this thing, and I also observe that the Fiverr gig promotion is not good; it is taking money from invalid clicks, or, in my words, fake clicks.

If you are in business, you have to report the problem to the authorities so they can improve, and in my opinion, Fiverr-promoted gigs need to improve; otherwise, Freelancers hardworking money is going to be wasted.

However, don't take anything personally. I just put my observations and experience here. If things are improved, then it will be good for every freelancer. I hope you understand.

39 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I am pretty sure people don't just take examples randomly and do their research before stating something.

Some people state things without knowing, so that's why I say that.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Too much work for something not-so-critical (from Fiverr's POV), and a lot of investment in backend required. And this would mean a lot of inconsistency in how a simple website shows up for different people. 

I won't even get into how it will work for people who buy as well as sell on the platform!

Implementing these kinds of things is time-consuming because, after implementing the functionality, they have to test the things to see if they are working properly or not. It also does not require so much additional cost or investment because Fiverr already has a developer team, and they get their salary on a monthly basis, not a project basis.

16 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

I understand that because these things are related to programming, it might be hard for you to understand how things will work, but I have already tried to simplify things as much as I can so everyone understands.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, developerlikhon said:

If you think it is a search engine, then Amazon, Alibaba, AliExpress, and other eCommerce platforms are also considered search engines, not eCommerce platforms.

What do you do on Fiverr? SEARCH. That's at the core, and they also have an ad system similar to Google. Deny all you want dude, that doesn't make it less real.

If you are in business, you have to report the problem to the authorities so they can improve, and in my opinion, Fiverr-promoted gigs need to improve; otherwise, Freelancers hardworking money is going to be wasted.

Again, it's like Google and other ad systems. You can't guarantee that everyone clicking on the gig will actually buy. But they did their job, they brought you the customer. Then it's up to you to convert that lead into a customer. Every ad system works like this. Obviously we all want every gig visitor to be a buyer, but realistically that's never going to happen. As mentioned, some people just visit others to check on their competitors. There are buyers that just browse the market out of curiosity. And realistically, there's no way to know who has an intent to actually harm your profile. I asked during a webinar related to Promoted Gigs if they can protect sellers from others continually clicking on their promoted gig. And as far as I remember, the answer was that they only take into account a single click per person, I can only assume they track the IP. Otherwise you could go to any gig and click thousands of times on their ad. There are obvious protection systems in place. 

So.. the system is already ok. However, the fact that it doesn't guarantee sales deters a lot of people. And as I said, April was 10x what I paid, in May I paid more than I earned, last month I got double what I paid for ads, etc. It balances itself out, and if you don't find the service good enough or if you had a bad review, obviously performance will not put you at the top of the listings.

And as I said, just because Fiverr brings people to your profile, that doesn't mean they will all be sold by your description, reviews, etc. There's also no way to prove that any clicks are fake, unless you specifically clicked yourself and know how many times you clicked without the intent of buying anything.

I understand that because these things are related to programming, it might be hard for you to understand how things will work, but I have already tried to simplify things as much as I can so everyone understands.

That's not nice. Let's be friendly here, we are all sharing our opinions. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

20 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

What do you do on Fiverr? SEARCH. That's at the core, and they also have an ad system similar to Google. Deny all you want dude, that doesn't make it less real.

Again, it's like Google and other ad systems. You can't guarantee that everyone clicking on the gig will actually buy. But they did their job, they brought you the customer. Then it's up to you to convert that lead into a customer. Every ad system works like this. Obviously we all want every gig visitor to be a buyer, but realistically that's never going to happen. As mentioned, some people just visit others to check on their competitors. There are buyers that just browse the market out of curiosity. And realistically, there's no way to know who has an intent to actually harm your profile. I asked during a webinar related to Promoted Gigs if they can protect sellers from others continually clicking on their promoted gig. And as far as I remember, the answer was that they only take into account a single click per person, I can only assume they track the IP. Otherwise you could go to any gig and click thousands of times on their ad. There are obvious protection systems in place. 

So.. the system is already ok. However, the fact that it doesn't guarantee sales deters a lot of people. And as I said, April was 10x what I paid, in May I paid more than I earned, last month I got double what I paid for ads, etc. It balances itself out, and if you don't find the service good enough or if you had a bad review, obviously performance will not put you at the top of the listings.

And as I said, just because Fiverr brings people to your profile, that doesn't mean they will all be sold by your description, reviews, etc. There's also no way to prove that any clicks are fake, unless you specifically clicked yourself and know how many times you clicked without the intent of buying anything.

That's not nice. Let's be friendly here, we are all sharing our opinions. 

Listen, dear, I don't want to argue any more, as you are putting your opinion here. I also did the same thing, so if the Fiverr team thinks this is valuable, then they can take it or leave it as it is because, after all, we are just users here. I found my thoughts valuable because I did a lot of research on this system behavior, and I think the system needs to be improved. I also saw other freelancers post on that, and other freelancers are also having problems with this system. That's why I put my opinion here.

However, I also respect everyone's opinion, so please don't think I'm disrespectful.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, developerlikhon said:

I'm not using the promoted gig option because my gig is already positioned in a better place. However, I see a lot of posts in the Fiverr Bangladeshi community related to this thing, and I also observe that the Fiverr gig promotion is not good; it is taking money from invalid clicks, or, in my words, fake clicks

My God! Why are you being fussy over Promoted Gigs option then when you are not using it? Are you asking on the behalf of other Bangladeshi's sellers? If you have not used that feature yet then please don't debate on this topic because you have not experienced it yet on your own. 

What about other sellers who are performing well via Promoted Gigs? (not Bangladeshi's).. 

You are still arguing with the other experienced sellers (more than you) no matter what still you can't win this debate!

It's useless to discuss anything with you as you won't respect other's opinions (will respect only Bangladeshi's sellers as you yourself are Bangladeshi that's why)

No more discussion from my side! 🙏

• Like 2
  • Up 1

12 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

My God! Why are you being fussy over Promoted Gigs option then when you are not using it? Are you asking on the behalf of other Bangladeshi's sellers? If you have not used that feature yet then please don't debate on this topic because you have not experienced it yet on your own. 

What about other sellers who are performing well via Promoted Gigs? (not Bangladeshi's).. 

You are still arguing with the other experienced sellers (more than you) no matter what still you can't win this debate!

It's useless to discuss anything with you as you won't respect other's opinions (will respect only Bangladeshi's sellers as you yourself are Bangladeshi that's why)

No more discussion from my side! 🙏

Hahaha, I'm not here to win. I just shared my opinion as you did from your side; however, if you somehow hurt, I'm really sorry for that, and I also respect everyone's opinion. I also state that I don't want to argue on this topic any more because I leave it to the Fiverr team. If they think it is valuable, they can pick it up or leave it as it is, so, like you, there is no more discussion from my side.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, developerlikhon said:

I found my thoughts valuable because I did a lot of research on this system behavior, and I think the system needs to be improved. I also saw other freelancers post on that, and other freelancers are also having problems with this system. That's why I put my opinion here.

So what's the problem and what's the solution? An opinion is fine, insulting others is not 🙂 The system is very similar to Google Ads, the team at Fiverr even said that, but optimized for a freelancing marketplace. So it's a similar system, on a smaller scale, however there's no guarantee for sales. I am not sure what you're looking for, but there's no ad system that guarantees sales. With ads, you get more exposure, but your gig still has to convert visitors into paid customers. Also there's no way to qualify certain clicks as "fake", because you don't know their origin. There are safeguards in place for people to not do thousands of clicks from a single IP so.. I don't really get your point.

Sure, it needs to be improved. But what's the problem and how you want to solve it?

1 hour ago, developerlikhon said:

I think you don't understand this portion of the message. Please read it again.

I think you don't understand you're insulting people, whether you do it willingly or not. As I said, let's be friendly here. No one is superior to anyone else. Unless you work at Fiverr and know 100% how every feature works, there's no way your opinion will be more valuable than anyone else's. With all due respect, we all work with incomplete data, only Fiverr has all the info.. it's the same when people complain about their success score. Without access to private reviews and other info like that, how can you say the system is not working? Follow the guidelines, check all the info on the topic, a lot of people ended up increasing their success score too. 

The Promoted Gigs system is fine, it works as intended. I use Google Ads for various things myself and I know there's no guarantee of any sales, they just give you exposure. As long as you receive clicks, the system works. And they have safeguards so people won't click thousands of times to increase your PG expenses. I also see my ad often, so I know it's working. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1