What's the point? I don't understand what service this site provides?

chrismcdonal720

Hello, I'm brand new, but as far as I can tell; should I search any of my keywords my gig does not pop up in the search. At first, I thought maybe it wouldn't show my listings so I logged off and tried again but no luck. I understand I'm going to be mostly responsible for my self-promotion but to not even appear on a search? I don't know for sure, I imagine Fiverr takes a cut of the payment should I book a gig, but why? If I'm not even going to show up last on search? What service is being provided? If I'm responsible for 100 percent of the outreach and I'm not even going to show up on a basic search, Why wouldn't I just start a website and direct people there? I do understand there's a certain level of buyer and seller protection, in the event of a chargeback for example; Fiverr would take responsibility for that. Even then I do imagine there would be some cost to my profile. Also, is that protection any greater than processing payments through PayPal? I'm sorry if this comes off as an attack on Fiverr, it's not my intention. I'm just trying to figure out if this is worth my time, over cultivating my platform. 

PS. My gig is active. I'm brand new so I don't have any history on the website. I double and triple-checked my keywords. The only way I appear in a search is if I search the title of my listing word for word. 

Edited by chrismcdonal720
  • Like 1

I googled my issue as well, and it doesn't seem to be an isolated incident. While I'm happy the listing is showing, I had no way to verify this at the time of my post. As previously stated when I logged out to view the website as an alternative entity the listing did not show. What am I supposed to think? The support is also tough to access if you do not have a twitter. So I would challenge your cop-out statement of "the values of this platform as it's well-known". If my listing is showing normally I admit I don't have much of an argument. However, I do feel like with the emergence of Square, Wix, and similar companies I'd still appreciate it if someone could share their success and why Fiverr was an appropriate road for them to achieve that success. I understand the title was provocative, I wanted people to click, but I feel like the contents of the post were polite and I didn't attack the website I just posed some curiosity.