Can I check validity of seller reviews?

stevenseglenn

Question

Hi,
I've used Fiverr as a buyer for quite a long time now but I've stuck with 1 main seller who is flawless.  I've had a couple of issues where I've been let down by others but I need help with a service which I have not sourced before.  I have been in discussion with the seller who seems really good but there are just a couple of things which I get as red flags and I wanted to know if there is a way to check the validity of the reviews of them?
The main red flag is that he sent me a google doc which had his own personal contact info and paypal address indicating that he wanted me to hire him outside of Fiverr.

I hope they are genuine as he seems really great from our conversations and very active and clearly knows his stuff.  I guess if they were a scammer then there would be plenty of negative reviews too?

Any thoughts on this or help would be much appreciated. 
Thanks

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, stevenseglenn said:

Hi,
I've used Fiverr as a buyer for quite a long time now but I've stuck with 1 main seller who is flawless.  I've had a couple of issues where I've been let down by others but I need help with a service which I have not sourced before.  I have been in discussion with the seller who seems really good but there are just a couple of things which I get as red flags and I wanted to know if there is a way to check the validity of the reviews of them?
The main red flag is that he sent me a google doc which had his own personal contact info and paypal address indicating that he wanted me to hire him outside of Fiverr.

I hope they are genuine as he seems really great from our conversations and very active and clearly knows his stuff.  I guess if they were a scammer then there would be plenty of negative reviews too?

Any thoughts on this or help would be much appreciated. 
Thanks

Hi Steven! 

Thanks for your question. There are several ways to vet sellers to ensure they are a good fit for your project. I would recommend looking at their reviews, ratings, and portfolio. 

If a seller shares his personal contact and tries to do business off the platform, I would not recommend working with him. He is violating the Terms of Service by doing so and really should be reported.

If you desire additional assistance in choosing the best seller to work with, we have a team of Fiverr Advisors who can help. They can send you a list of qualified sellers or vet sellers on your behalf. To connect with one, simply schedule a call by clicking: https://go.oncehub.com/CustomerSuccessManager. You can also reach out via email at buyer-success@fiverr.com. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1