Why our reviews NOW also have the price range specified?

Hii guys,

I'm not fond of starting new topics but is no one going to talk about it??

Isn't this a violation of privacy for buyers as well as sellers?? And how will this help a potential buyer??

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Up 2

I am more worried about the "duration". For many of my reviews, the duration is "long", really long. It looks like I work a long time on each project. 

When most buyers order from me, they must wait several weeks before I can start. That is why the duration is so long. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Up 2

Posted (edited)

Oh yes, I just noticed the duration on your reviews. @filipdevaere

Not specified on mine (yet) but my projects also run for weeks and sometimes even for 1-2 months too because buyers disappear or projects are complex too, with many layers. 

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 6

Back to 2018... It didn't last more than a few weeks!

58 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Isn't this a violation of privacy for buyers as well as sellers??

Yes, that's what many sellers complained about in 2018. No one has the right to disclose my earnings to anyone!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, priyank_mod said:

And how will this help a potential buyer??

Does it help you to know that the customers who ate in a restaurant before you paid: $37, $240, $98 and $150?
No!

The answer is the same for our services.

• Like 3
  • Up 2

9 minutes ago, carineb said:

Back to 2018... It didn't last more than a few weeks!

Yes, that's what many sellers complained about in 2018. No one has the right to disclose my earnings to anyone!

Not surprised at all. 

Its like decision-makers/thinkers changed over the years and new people thought let's implement something pathbreakingly NEW!! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

And I am more curious to know why it's one-sided? Why can't we see the duration and prices on the buyer reviews?

At least we would know if the buyer is challenging and takes time to respond, keeping the project open for months. Although I am against this entire feature that Fiverr has just launched and want it to be completely removed -- but launching things one-sided shows the true face of Fiverr.

image.png.00c92971d492b619fc3c1db88c22b843.png

• Like 3
  • Up 4

31 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

And I am more curious to know why it's one-sided? Why can't we see the duration and prices on the buyer reviews?

At least we would know if the buyer is challenging and takes time to respond, keeping the project open for months. Although I am against this entire feature that Fiverr has just launched and want it to be completely removed -- but launching things one-sided shows the true face of Fiverr.

image.png.00c92971d492b619fc3c1db88c22b843.png

On one hand, SP provides us insights on range of buyer's expenditure history. But on the other side, it REVEALS the almost precise info on every seller's page. 🫠 

If we analyse buyer's reviews and visit corresponding seller profiles - we will get a more precise idea about their expenditure history!! 

• Like 4
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Isn't this a violation of privacy for buyers as well as sellers?

I am not sure about this part, but as I remember the idea behind this was to show the amount of money spent by a person leaving you an average or bad review.

It's like "I have 1 order with 3 stars, but the customer paid only $20 and was too demanding. But I also have a lot of customers spending hundreds and leaving good reviews." 

It's not that bad. For example, when this value-for-money thing was launched, I had to remove all gigs below $40 to avoid dealing with those customers. They tend to leave less than 5 and demand a lot of things. 

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, rawque_gulia said:

Although I am against this entire feature that Fiverr has just launched and want it to be completely removed

To be fair, if you look at it objectively, it makes sense for buyers. Because I saw a lot of reviews where buyers said it took X amount of time for the order to be delivered. Now you can see if that buyer is speaking the truth or not. I checked various profiles where there were such claims and in general, buyers were right, and sellers stating otherwise were lying. So yeah, I think it mostly has to do with the decision-making process for buyers. It also shows the average price, which is interesting because people can see if the person works in bulk, if they deliver on time, if the process is prolonged, etc. I think it's actually very helpful for those that claim a very short delivery time. It does look bad on a profile that has 1-2 days as the delivery time and on average the delivery for orders is a week or two. It does depend on the package ordered, so it makes sense to show what package was ordered (based on the price shown there). 

I don't think it was necessary, but I am not against it, if it helps some buyers take their decisions with ease.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I checked various profiles where there were such claims and in general, buyers were right, and sellers stating otherwise were lying.

What if it took 2 months to finish an order because the buyer was challenging? Now, we will be penalized with a negative star review (this was already happening before) and also now be penalized due to these new stats. Every new buyer coming to our profile will be convinced that the seller was bad and that’s why the order took time, just like you're convinced that "buyers were right and sellers were lying." 

You (or others) don't know anything about those orders and how things went, but still, all those people will be convinced due to the buyer's biased review full of lies and Fiverr's stats. Because at the of the day, seller is always wrong!!

• Like 3
  • Up 1

11 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It does look bad on a profile that has 1-2 days as the delivery time and on average the delivery for orders is a week or two.

Sorry but.....

For me, the average waiting time to start a new project is currently 6 weeks. And last year I had projects with a waiting time of 10+ weeks. My duration time is in many cases long, although I can finish most projects in 2.5 to 3 days. I have too many active orders, the buyers have to wait. 

• Like 3
  • Up 2

Just now, filipdevaere said:

For me, the average waiting time to start a new project is currently 6 weeks. And last year I had projects with a waiting time of 10+ weeks. My duration time is in many cases long, although I can finish most projects in 2.5 to 3 days. I have too many active orders, the buyers have to wait. 

And now, this will give new buyers the perspective that Filip is not responsive in chats and takes time to respond and finish projects. Bravo, Fiverr!

• Like 2

Just now, rawque_gulia said:

And now, this will give new buyers the perspective that Filip is not responsive in chats and takes time to respond and finish projects. Bravo, Fiverr!

I don't think they will assume that I am not responsive in chats or that it takes time to respond. They will think that I work slowly. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

My duration time is in many cases long, although I can finish most projects in 2.5 to 3 days. I have too many active orders, the buyers have to wait. 

Filip, I still think that the info is meant for buyers. There will always be a rush from some buyers, and if they see your average delivery taking a month or so, that deters them from working with you. Which in turn will lead to less problematic buyers that rush you. Maybe I am always seeing the glass half full, but I don't think it's an issue if it pushes some potentially bad buyers away.

14 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

and also now be penalized due to these new stats.

I don't think we are penalized due to these stats, and there's no proof to show otherwise.

14 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

just like you're convinced that "buyers were right and sellers were lying." 

Well, when the buyer says that the delivery took 3 weeks and the seller says it didn't, but this stat says it did take 3 weeks, how is the seller not lying? It just gives more data to potential buyers and they can judge for themselves man. I don't see that as a problem. Even if for those people that have a longer delivery time, how is this an issue? Most of the time, the projects in question are longer, so if someone wants 1 month's worth of work in 2 days.. I would run away from them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Because I saw a lot of reviews where buyers said it took X amount of time for the order to be delivered. Now you can see if that buyer is speaking the truth or not. I checked various profiles where there were such claims and in general, buyers were right, and sellers stating otherwise were lying.

But all the orders for all the categories are not so straight-forward - that buyer drops a coin in the machine and work gets delivered in precise amount of time.

Either Fiverr devises a metric which shows time vs cost vs quality vs 'who needed more time to revert' - which clearly articulates how a particular order went. Otherwise, this is a very misleading set of numbers on anyone's profile and will barely help any buyer.

For example, a seller charges double price for one day delivery of work while another order from same seller at 1/3rd of price takes a week's time for various reasons. Now if a buyer has to compare price and timeline of both orders. How will they make a decision just by looking at cost & duration?? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

How will they make a decision just by looking at cost & duration?? 

It's just another factor, not the deciding one. I don't see this as being a massive problem if it's there, it's the truth, that's how much an order took to complete. For people that deliver faster I would say it's an advantage. And for those with a longer delivery time, they already show a long delivery time so that's no problem for them either. As a buyer, I would just be skeptical myself when I see a person saying they deliver very fast, yet most of those recent deliveries took a week or more. That's all. Will that influence how gigs are ranked or presented to customers? Nah, I just see it as extra info myself.

• Like 3

Now every other competitor/seller can see how much you are earning per month and at what prices you are getting orders so that they can set their gigs prices accordingly in order to rank better on search results as well?

Simply, not satisfied with these changes on reviews listing part. :classic_unsure:

• Like 3
  • Up 2

I'm not sure how I feel about this either. I offer sample gigs that often take longer than 2x the amount of work on other projects because I work closely with the clients and try to make sure that we have everything figured out before orders. This can end up looking a bit odd (not to mention I often have clients who take 2-5 business days just to respond back to me after asking me to update them constantly.) Depending on your delivery flow it CAN be good to show these metrics, but.. I'm not sure it's a good thing for me. 

• Like 2
  • Up 2