Is this a fiverr message scam?

leannexjsp

Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, leannexjsp said:

I received an inbox that says they are a fiverr support, is this a legit? I am just new to this platform that is why i am asking for advice. thank you so much! 

It's a scam. Do not scan anything and never share your personal information or credit card information with anyone who approaches you through the inbox.

--------------------------

@Kesha Kesha, it's been about ~6 months since this spam has been going around. People are putting "Fiverr" and "Support" in their username and scamming others. Could you please pass this to the website technical team to address? It’s hardly a 20-minute job and about 50 lines of code.

Sorry for the hard words, but this is about the livelihood of people. Scammers are coming and taking away the entire hard-earned income of sellers (from their bank). If the billion-dollar company doesn't have capable developers, I can provide contact numbers of some friends who can help them with that 50 lines of code. The way these problems are still persisting makes us question the capability of the Fiverr team. 3/10 for website developers from me!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

It's a scam. Do not scan anything and never share your personal information or credit card information with anyone who approaches you through the inbox.

--------------------------

@Kesha Kesha, it's been about ~6 months since this spam has been going around. People are putting "Fiverr" and "Support" in their username and scamming others. Could you please pass this to the website technical team to address? It’s hardly a 20-minute job and about 50 lines of code.

Sorry for the hard words, but this is about the livelihood of people. Scammers are coming and taking away the entire hard-earned income of sellers (from their bank). If the billion-dollar company doesn't have capable developers, I can provide contact numbers of some friends who can help them with that 50 lines of code. The way these problems are still persisting makes us question the capability of the Fiverr team. 3/10 for website developers from me!!!

I've offered to help with materials to clear things up (quick writings that are simple to read), wrote several posts about this, etc. as well.

I understand that it's tricky because admitting that something like this is happening isn't easy, but people ARE losing money. 

If I came to the forum as a buyer and saw the daily 10ish posts of 'i got scammed', I likely wouldn't trust the site... 

• Like 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1