Buyer canceled order

jonh_love

Question

Dear Fiverr Support,

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with a recurring issue I've encountered on your platform. On multiple occasions, I have received a specific requirement from a buyer with a one-day deadline. I have diligently completed the work and submitted all necessary files within the given timeframe. However, at the end of the process, the buyer has claimed dissatisfaction with the work and requested a refund and cancellation of the order.

Despite fulfilling the requirements as specified, the buyer contacted Fiverr customer support, and my order was canceled. Consequently, the buyer received the completed work and a refund, effectively obtaining my services for free. This has occurred more than five times, and it is highly unfair and discouraging for sellers who put in time and effort to meet buyer demands.

There should be a policy in place that protects sellers in situations where the work has been completed as per the requirements. If a seller fulfills the agreed-upon requirements, they must be guaranteed payment from the buyer. This would prevent the exploitation of sellers and ensure a fair transaction process for both parties.

I urge you to consider revising your policies to better protect sellers and maintain the integrity of your platform.

Thank you for your attention to this matter

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jonh_love said:

There should be a policy in place that protects sellers in situations where the work has been completed as per the requirements. If a seller fulfills the agreed-upon requirements, they must be guaranteed payment from the buyer.

There's already a policy. It's just that many sellers are not aware of it, as most think that reading the lengthy Terms of Service pages is a waste of time. However, in reality, it's not. Fiverr policy clearly states that orders are not eligible to be canceled if the service was rendered as described in the requirements. Even if the quality of the work was poor, it can not be canceled based on that -- as long as it was created according to the client's requirements.

Below is the section from the 'Payment Terms' page:

image.png.32b41cadb4f23a26a13d2dadbadb1925.png

Sometimes customer support fails to understand your work, as it's not necessary that they are familiar with your field and services. So, you have every right to make a well-written report with evidence to prove to customer support that the work was as per the client's requirements. This way, you can potentially get compensation for that canceled order.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

17 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

There's already a policy. It's just that many sellers are not aware of it, as most think that reading the lengthy Terms of Service pages is a waste of time. However, in reality, it's not. Fiverr policy clearly states that orders are not eligible to be canceled if the service was rendered as described in the requirements. Even if the quality of the work was poor, it can not be canceled based on that -- as long as it was created according to the client's requirements.

Below is the section from the 'Payment Terms' page:

image.png.32b41cadb4f23a26a13d2dadbadb1925.png

Sometimes customer support fails to understand your work, as it's not necessary that they are familiar with your field and services. So, you have every right to make a well-written report with evidence to prove to customer support that the work was as per the client's requirements. This way, you can potentially get compensation for that canceled order.

Buyer can cancel the order after delivery I have seen this case many time

48 minutes ago, jonh_love said:

Buyer can cancel the order after delivery I have seen this case many time

Did you even read what I said above? Did I say that buyers are not able to cancel the order?

Yes, buyers are able to cancel the order, but according to the Fiverr policy, you have every right to ask for compensation from Fiverr if the work done was 100% as per the requirements. In these cases, Fiverr compensates you from their own funds and bears the loss. So, in simple words, you already have some sort of insurance in place.