"Fiverr's choice".... really???

Browsing in the Business/market research category, I stumbled upon a "Fiverr's choice" gig which left me perplexed. The gig is not professionally setup and it's description text is the following: 

"About this Gig

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean ullamcorper lorem eget magna tincidunt mattis. Cras non posuere sem. Aenean porta erat magna, ut sodales nisl ullamcorper quis. Quisque eu tempor leo. Donec ullamcorper risus enim, ut sollicitudin nulla ultrices id. Donec tincidunt, turpis vitae maximus vulputate, justo nisl auctor ante, in ultrices justo massa sit amet velit. Morbi tempus diam sed justo dignissim facilisis. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Donec varius blandit neque in eleifend. Curabitur et ante vitae lorem iaculis auctor. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Cras quis felis eget enim semper euismod in sollicitudin erat. Praesent nec condimentum magna, eu iaculis lacus. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia curae; Morbi metus dui, lacinia sit amet auctor et, luctus eu libero."

I do wonder whether Fiverr has a preference for cut&paste latin texts?

The hilarious thing is that the service package is structured this way:

Basic: pago de un día

Standard: Mes

Premium: Tiempo completo - Diciembre - Febrero

Wow!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I think it shows that Fiverr's "Fiverr Choice" badge must be given automatically by their algorithms rather than by human selection if the gig description says that. That seller does have 22 orders and 5 reviews on the gig (all reviews by the same buyer).

Fiverr's "SRE team" (Site Reliability Engineering) has some "unusual" wording in one of their gigs too (that other sellers might get in trouble for if they used).

Theirs says:

[This account is for testing purposes. Do not order gigs]
My money's in that office, right? If she start giving me some ** about it ain't there, and we got to go someplace else and get it, I'm gonna ** you in the head then and there. Then I'm gonna **, find out where my ** money is. She gonna tell me too. Hey, look at me when I'm talking to you, **. You listen: we go in there, and that niha Winston or anybody else is in there, you the first ** to get **. You understand?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I think it shows that Fiverr's "Fiverr Choice" badge must be given automatically by their algorithms rather than by human selection if the gig description says that. That seller does have 22 orders and 5 reviews on the gig (all reviews by the same buyer).

Fiverr's "SRE team" (Site Reliability Engineering) has some "unusual" wording in one of their gigs too (that other sellers might get in trouble for if they used).

Theirs says:

I understand the need to differentiate test gigs to make sure buyers don't purchase them, but it feels weird to see these kind of gigs. As a buyer I would be very confused (to say the least.)

I always felt live Fiverr's choice was a bit odd - I had it on my gig that has an SS of 8 many times even though that gig isn't doing well (according to Fiverr.) So who knows how it all really works!

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, dponzio said:

Where did you see that he has 22 orders?

On the gig page. It might be 22 overall I think (not necessarily for that gig). I meant 22 orders completed (not 22 orders in the queue).

lorum-ipsum-gig.png.42bb8046eb162fcd965bfad1c8878850.png

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2024 at 2:45 PM, arafatcoco said:

Is there any possibility to get more order when someone is Fiverr choice.

Probably the seller will get more orders or more chance of them from a gig when it has a Fiverr's choice badge on it. It's Fiverr's system recommending it to buyers with that badge and it will probably put it on the first page(s) of the subcategory or maybe first page(s) of search so there's a higher chance Fiverr buyers will see that gig and that it's being recommended with the badge.

Edited by uk1000